ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Reply from Home Office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishalsunr

Strange Reply from Home Office

Post by vishalsunr » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:47 am

Hi Friends...

Every time when i ask Home Office for the status of my application through email to HSMP Team... i always get the list of FAQS as the answer to my query....

They say.....
Thank you for your enquiry about the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP).

Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented level of requests for information by e-mail we have compiled a list of "frequently asked questions" that we hope will address your query.

FAQ

1. How can I obtain the guidance notes and application forms?
You can download the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Guidelines and application form from our Website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk using the 'All Forms' link on the right hand side of the homepage. Alternatively, you can request a copy to be posted to you by calling our Distribution Centre on 0870 521 0224.

2. How do I know what documents to send with an application?
The HSMP Guidelines explains the evidence we require from you in order to qualify for points towards the scheme.

3. How do the application rules apply to those applicants who are 28 years of age and under?
If you are making an application in the under 28 category, your application must be received before your 28th birthday. Please refer to the HSMP Guidance for Applicants Under 28 Years of Age for further advice.

4. What is the fee for consideration of an application and how do I pay?
The HSMP fee is £315. Payment can be made by one of the

I am not able to understand why do they reply like this and not specific to the query...

Please help me with your valuable inputs...

Regards,
Vishal

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Strange Reply from Home Office

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:52 pm

The used to answer the Email but I guess they can not cope with it anymore (or at least at present). This is common pratice if they received a lot numbes of email and they cannot cope with that anymore due to limited resources.

Many public services in the UK such as foreign embassy in the UK even do worse because they do not reply at all. Although they clearly mention their email for any questions.

Pantaiema
vishalsunr wrote:Hi Friends...

Every time when i ask Home Office for the status of my application through email to HSMP Team... i always get the list of FAQS as the answer to my query....

They say.....

Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented level of requests for information by e-mail we have compiled a list of "frequently asked questions" that we hope will address your query.

FAQ

You can download the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Guidelines and application form from our Website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk using the 'All Forms' link on the right hand side of the homepage. Alternatively, you can request a copy to be posted to you by calling our Distribution Centre on 0870 521 0224.

The HSMP Guidelines explains the evidence we require from you in order to qualify for points towards the scheme.

3. How do the application rules apply to those applicants who are 28 years of age and under?
If you are making an application in the under 28 category, your application must be received before your 28th birthday. Please refer to the HSMP Guidance for Applicants Under 28 Years of Age for further advice.

I am not able to understand why do they reply like this and not specific to the query...

Regards,
Vishal

prince
Newly Registered

Post by prince » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 pm

Did you use the correct email id ie. (hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)
for your specific query?

bennani
Newly Registered

Re: Strange Reply from Home Office

Post by bennani » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:58 pm

vishalsunr wrote:Hi Friends...

They say.....

FAQ

Regards,
Vishal
For sure u did not use he right email adress
try again with HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
it should work
good luck