ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mozhi12
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by mozhi12 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi ,
How much balance do we need to show?
For instance, I have £4000 balance on the day of ILR application and I have to pay ILR fee from this money.
Is it enough to show balance to get ILR with two dependent?
any successful candidate relevant to this balance?
thanks
mozhi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm

There is no requirement of a "minimum balance" for settlement application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun May 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi

There's no requirement to have a balance in your bank account how ever if you show the HO a few bits lying in your bank accounts will certainly indicates that your finances are well managed in every way. But there's no concrete requirement for having any kind of balance in your bank account for your ILR application.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi,
If the details of previous tickets not available what will happen.
Don't the public enquiry office have the previous departure and arrival details on their system (I mean by checking the passport number)?
thanks
mozhi

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 pm

mozhi12 wrote:Hi,
If the details of previous tickets not available what will happen.
Don't the public enquiry office have the previous departure and arrival details on their system (I mean by checking the passport number)?
thanks
mozhi
There is no explicit requirement to provide previous travel tickets as part of your application.

Note that only Entry into the UK is stamped by the UKBA, so they will not have a record of departure dates, you will need to supply these. As most countries stamp your passport on arrival, this may be used to derive your travel departure dates.

Previous tickets/boarding cards etc, have in certain instances been used by applicants to prove entry to the UK, in instances where their passport has not been stamped at the border. (E.g. Gatwick, if entering the UK from Ireland) or they have lost their passport in which the entry stamps are availabe.

For your ILR application you will need to list all your travel to destinations outside of the UK during your residency period. If you have your passports used for travel during this period & there is no discrepency between them and what you have listed in your application you will be fine.

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm

many thanks for your reply.
mozhi

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi cs95tdg,
Can't the home office or public enquiry office check on their computer system (e border) regarding the departure and arrival dates while we don't have departure dates sometimes?
mozhi

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Because I don't want to give any false departure details when I don't know some of these. and
I don't want to be in trouble if they cross check.
Thanks
mozhi

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:33 pm

mozhi12 wrote:Can't the home office or public enquiry office check on their computer system (e border) regarding the departure and arrival dates while we don't have departure dates sometimes?
Yes, from what I understand e-borders was established in 2006 and since then they collect information about passengers entering and leaving the UK, which the UKBA have access to. But I don't know the precise nature of the information they gather and hold.

You may want to request a SAR if you want to check what information they hold on your immigration history and whether they do have your exit dates for travel outside of the UK on record.

Note that irrespective of whether the UKBA have access to this data or not, you will still need to complete the section in the ILR Application form where you need to list your dates of travel outside the UK during your residency period.

So I'd suggest you search for former e-tickets/bookings/boarding passes etc, if you cannot determine them by looking at the destination arrival stamps in your passport.

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,
May I know that what is SAR and where I have to request this from?
If my leaves are annual leave would they still include these in 180 days.
thanks
mozhi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:17 pm

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Could I ask you if my absence is more than 180 days (mine 196 days) and if all of my absences were annual leave is it still problem to get ILR? even If I get letter from the employer.
mozhi

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Could I ask you if my absence is more than 180 days (mine 196 days) and if all of my absences were annual leave is it still problem to get ILR? even If I get letter from the employer.
mozhi
I doubt anyone can give you a clear Yes or No answer to your question, it will depend on the nature/length of absences & how well you justify them.

The purpose of getting a letter from your employer is to justify/explain your time spent outside the UK during your residency period. If you were in paid employment in the UK during that time period then it will also show that you were economically active in the UK during that time, which is a positive point.

Please refer to information available under the following:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Q16 - Maximum absences from the UK (economic migrants)