ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in uk, travel to india.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Child born in uk, travel to india.

Post by ravib_10 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

I and my wife is on ILR. My uk born daughter (3years old) is holding indian passport. I just applied for her registration for BC. I have to travel urgently to india. My query's are :

1.Can my daughter also travel to india with us?

2. In my abscence if We receive the registration certificate. Can I apply for her british passport from india (assuming i will ask somebody to post the registration certificate to us in india).

Thanks n Regards
BR

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 pm

1. Travel out of UK, yes - if the child has not been issued leave on the Indian passport.
2. You may apply for British passport in India for your child, but you'll need the registration certificate for the process .... and a lot of time.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun May 27, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Post by ravib_10 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.

Yes, no visa at all is stamped on my daughters passport yet.

Thanks for your reply.

asim72
BANNED

Re: Child born in uk, travel to india.

Post by asim72 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 pm

ravib_10 wrote:Hi,

I and my wife is on ILR. My uk born daughter (3years old) is holding indian passport. I just applied for her registration for BC. I have to travel urgently to india. My query's are :

1.Can my daughter also travel to india with us?

2. In my abscence if We receive the registration certificate. Can I apply for her british passport from india (assuming i will ask somebody to post the registration certificate to us in india).

Thanks n Regards
BR
The best and easiest way is to take you daughter to India when she gets registered and has a British passport (with Indian visa on)

You can take her without going through the above, but be prepared for a few months wait in India, and running pillar to post between Indian government departments and British HC.