ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newly born baby during ILR Application!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rizahidam77

Newly born baby during ILR Application!!!

Post by Rizahidam77 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:29 am

Dear Board,

I have already learned lot more through this forum since I have had successfully done my boss ILR visas.

I got a situation to tackle with at earliest:

My Boss is Azerbaijan National with wife and two kids as dependents. The kids identity is on mothers passport and their previous visas were endorsed on mothers passports too.

Now the whole family is given with ILR but the kids are given with Immigration Status documents (IDS) to be shifted to their own passports whenever ready.

My boss family had a newly born baby when their application for ILR was half way through. Now they do not have anything for their new baby and they have travelling plan back to their country within two weeks.

Please suggest the right way to take the new baby on the family boat of ILR.

Many thanks
R Solungi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 9:40 am

First, for international travel the child will need to have a passport (or be included in a parent's passport).

Given that the family intends to travel to Azerbaijan in the next 2 weeks, the only option is for the child to apply for settlement visa in Azerbaijan before returning to UK. He will be issued with Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) - equivalent to ILR but issued by overseas post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Alternatively, register the UK born child as a British citizen and apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 pm

:D
I always miss posting that ... assuming that the travel is short-term.
Thanks yet again, Vinny!

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

sushdmehta wrote::D
I always miss posting that ... assuming that the travel is short-term.
Thanks yet again, Vinny!
Hi again,

The above discussion suggests that newly born child could be register as british National. I am only confused wheather the mother or father of the child should be granted their ILR before the child was born? OR

If the parents application for ILR is decided after the child birth in UK then, do you think that child is entitled to get registered as british citizen?

In this case:

Parents Application date: 09 November 2011
Baby born date:March 2012
ILR granted to parents: 09 May 2012.

I really appreciate your kind suggesttion:

Kind Regards
R Solungi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Rizahidam77

Post by Rizahidam77 » Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See UK-born-child
Its really help full. So I can get the child registered using form MN1 with fee payable 551 GBP and thereafter can apply passport.
R Solungi