ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many types of Cohabitation documents should i provide?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

misssunshine
Newly Registered

How many types of Cohabitation documents should i provide?

Post by misssunshine » Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I am a bit confused regarding what Cohabitation docs to provide for my ILR applicaiton with my husband.

We were first granted HSMP together some years ago (my husband being my dependants), and then extended our visa together again under Tire1.

Under such situation, how many types of documents do i need to provide?

I originally thought perhaps just 2years council tax bills will do, but after read some posts here i got really confused.

Please can someone kindly advise?

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon May 28, 2012 5:55 pm

The cohabitation requirements for SET(O) are not as tough as SET(M) but you still need to provide at least 3-4 documents. I would suggest take as many as you can with you and let the case worker choose him/herself.

I took 5 different types of documents with me and the case worker chose 4 from them.

You can take any joint or single documents on your husbands name on it. Common examples are Utility Bills, NHS/GP Letters, Mobile bills, credit/debit card statements, council tax, rent statement, tenancy agreement or DVLA or DSA letters.

Also search for SET(O) success stories on this forum (which are in hundreds) and you will get an idea about what to expect.