ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR timescale to apply - unsure and confused.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

penabates46
Newly Registered

ILR timescale to apply - unsure and confused.

Post by penabates46 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Please could i have some assistance with a question i have. I need to know for sure the window for applying for ILR. Here are the dates involved.

2 year settlement visa issued on 07/06/2010
Entered UK on 03/07/2010
2 settlement visa expires 07/09/2011

This is a visa is for my husband i am a UK national. We have been married for 5 years and together for 7. The first 5 years of relationship were spent in his country where we both lived and worked.

He has been living and working soley in UK until now. I need to know the window time frame for applying as unfortunatley he has beeen made redundant from his job and is looking for work agian now. I don't know whether to apply as soon as we can even though he is not working or to hold on until a month or so in case he does find work.

We have all the papers in place but we just need to get our marriage/his brith certificate translated even tho we didnt need to for settlement visa. So confusing. :?
Your thoughts and assistance are needed.

Many thanks :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm

No earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of entry in the UK as spouse of a settled person or British citizen and no later than the date of expiry of current leave.
It doesn't matter if he is employed at the time of application or not, as long as you can provide evidence that you can maintain him without recourse to public funds.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm

penabates46 wrote:Here are the new rules for ILR - we are applying on 10th July and these changes come in on 9th July. Funny how there is no mention of them in guidance notes or even on application. Are we supposed to wait until 9th July to fill out the forms and read guidance notes to see if they have changed.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Advice people please.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 pm