ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Card Payments on ILR PEO Appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rdrp
Newly Registered

Credit Card Payments on ILR PEO Appointment

Post by rdrp » Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 am

Guys,

I have PEO appointment at Croydon this friday and wanted to clarify quickly on the fees payment.

I have a credit card that has only £2500 remaining credit available. Can i use two credit cards to make a payment for a total of £2800 pounds approximately?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 am

You should be able to use 2 credit cards. I have seen posts on this forum where people made payments at PEOs using two credit cards.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Credit Card Payments on ILR PEO Appointment

Post by Loveislovely » Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

rdrp wrote:Guys,

I have PEO appointment at Croydon this friday and wanted to clarify quickly on the fees payment.

I have a credit card that has only £2500 remaining credit available. Can i use two credit cards to make a payment for a total of £2800 pounds approximately?
Hi!

It should be fine to use the two credit cards, but please consult with the credit card lender a day or two before you go, so that they do not decline the transaction, I had a similar problem once before, and was told it is standard procedure, in order to prevent fraud. Good luck
All for one, one for all..... Peace

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm sure you can, they need money doenst matter where it comes from ! 8)

rdrp
Newly Registered

Post by rdrp » Tue May 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks Guys. In the PEO, are credit card payments PIN transactions or just signature transactions?

The reason i ask is that i got a new credit card (with 0% interest for 12 months) but havent got the PIN yet... just wondering if i will be use this credit card for payment towards fees (i will call the bank and give them heads up beforehand).

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Everytime I used a credit/debit card, I was required to enter my PIN. They have the similar machines which you see in shops everyday.

rdrp
Newly Registered

Post by rdrp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 pm

linkers wrote:Everytime I used a credit/debit card, I was required to enter my PIN. They have the similar machines which you see in shops everyday.
Thanks linkers

MaurenE
Newly Registered

Post by MaurenE » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:39 am

In connection to the topic thread, let me share the fact that carrying balances on too many credit cards can damage your credit rating. To be able to staunch the bleeding and perhaps obtain a much better interest rate, many consumers consider combining credit via balance transfer. By the way, does doing this hurt your credit score?