ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Way to find your initial Tier-1 date and Reference number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Way to find your initial Tier1 application date

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 am

Hi,

I have a hint for finding the initial tier1 date. Since all the visas which are applied in India are through VFS. So if you can remember your email address which you have provided or mentioned during the initial Tier1 application, then go back and search your inbox's for the mails received from visaapplicationalert@vfshelpline.com, because VFS have send your application status from this email id. If you can get hold of this emails then you can get the dates of your initial tier1 application.

And the initial tier1 reference number will be in the emails which you have received from them, and it should look something like this.

PNAC/220610/000012/2

Any questions please do let me know.

Hope this helps!!!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Way to find your initial Tier1 application date

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

tkumarp wrote:Hi,

I have a hint for finding the initial tier1 date. Since all the visas which are applied in India are through VFS. So if you can remember your email address which you have provided or mentioned during the initial Tier1 application, then go back and search your inbox's for the mails received from visaapplicationalert@vfshelpline.com, because VFS have send your application status from this email id. If you can get hold of this emails then you can get the dates of your initial tier1 application.

And the initial tier1 reference number will be in the emails which you have received from them, and it should look something like this.

PNAC/220610/000012/2

Any questions please do let me know.

Hope this helps!!!
This is the VFS reference number and not sure if it canbe accounted as a HO reference number. I think its best you try 'subject access request' highlighted by sushdmehta above
Many have left the reference number field blank and have still had their visa approved. Doing a search on this forum for the reference number topic

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Cant remember the date of application

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I too have the similar date problem. Below are the dates of my initial tier-1

Applied & Fee paid on : 28-June-2010
Passport received on : 13-July-2010
VISA valid from : 15-August-2010

From the dates above my initial tier-1 application needed 95 points not 100 points, because I have applied before 19-July-2010 where the new rules for 100 points came into effect.

If you check the help notes in the point calculator of UKBA it clearly states that first successfull date for initial tier-1 is the date on which the fee is paid i.e. date shown the payment receipt.

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... R_502_HELP

If you do not have a payment receipt search for the VFS reference number in your mails it will have your initial date.

I have done lot of study on these because I to have a similar issue with the dates and an agent from London has clarified my confusion, they clearly explained that initial date will be 28-June-2010 and not the date from which the visa is valid from (15-August-2010), because my first Tier-1 application is decided on the current rules not the future ones.
So I will me quoting in the extension for Tier-1 application as 28-June-2010 and not 15-August-2010.

You can also check their website below.

http://www.still-unclear.co.uk/pointsbased ... ulator.asp

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Cant remember the date of application

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

tkumarp wrote:I too have the similar date problem. Below are the dates of my initial tier-1

Applied & Fee paid on : 28-June-2010
Passport received on : 13-July-2010
VISA valid from : 15-August-2010

From the dates above my initial tier-1 application needed 95 points not 100 points, because I have applied before 19-July-2010 where the new rules for 100 points came into effect.

If you check the help notes in the point calculator of UKBA it clearly states that first successfull date for initial tier-1 is the date on which the fee is paid i.e. date shown the payment receipt.

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... R_502_HELP

If you do not have a payment receipt search for the VFS reference number in your mails it will have your initial date.

I have done lot of study on these because I to have a similar issue with the dates and an agent from London has clarified my confusion, they clearly explained that initial date will be 28-June-2010 and not the date from which the visa is valid from (15-August-2010), because my first Tier-1 application is decided on the current rules not the future ones.
So I will me quoting in the extension for Tier-1 application as 28-June-2010 and not 15-August-2010.

You can also check their website below.

http://www.still-unclear.co.uk/pointsba ... ulator.asp
Just to clarify, the question I answered in this thread is different to the one you have raised here. I simply provided an answer to the Q "What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? dd/mm/yyyy" in the Application form. Whereas if I'm not mistaken, your question here is to determine the rules that would apply to you (in the PBS calculation) when applying for an extension. So they are two different questions.

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 12:47 pm

The question which was raised is a OR one.

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

May be if any one is metioning the "visa issued" date, then my answer would help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 12:54 pm

tkumarp wrote:The question which was raised is a OR one.

May be if any one is metioning the "visa issued" date, then my answer would help.
No, because entry clearance and visa are the same thing.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 12:59 pm

No I'm not convinced.

If that is the case can you please tell me what will be "visa issued" date in my case for Q: D3.

Applied on : 28-June-2010
Recevied on : 13-July-2010
Visa valid from : 15-August-2010

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 pm

tkumarp wrote:No I'm not convinced.

If that is the case can you please tell me what will be "visa issued" date in my case for Q: D3.

Recevied on : 13-July-2010
That is the date that appears on your entry clearance vignette (or visa sticker) which is in your passport. You will find the issue date on that

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

How come my date of entry into the country will be the visa issued date if I want to mention.

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 1:11 pm

I also want to mention that your answer will be appropriate for Q: D10 and not Q: D3

D10. When did the applicant arrive in the United Kingdom?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Let me try and elaborate and hopefully will diffuse the confusion

This is asking your entry clearance or visa issued date. If you see your entry clearance vignette, it gives you Issue date (or Valid from date). Please note your ‘Issue date’ is not the date you entered United Kingdom, it is the date which appears on your visa sticker.

D10. When did the applicant arrive in the United Kingdom?
Your arrival date in the UK is not the same as entry clearance. This question is asking about the date you entered in the UK and when you did the Immigration Officer on the airport would have stamped your passport with your ‘entry date’

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Date of your first successful Tier 1 application

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks mate for clearing off the confusion.

I have few questions still in mind, can you please clarify.

As said below are my initial Tier-1 dates.
Passport received : 13-July-2010

My initial Tier 1 application is decided on the rules before 19-July-2010, and I was required only 95 points (75+10+10).

Q:: Which date do I need to take into consideration for my Tier 1 extension?
Q:: Do I need to provide some proof the dates of my initial Tier 1 application?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Date of your first successful Tier 1 application

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm

tkumarp wrote:Thanks mate for clearing off the confusion.

My initial Tier 1 application is decided on the rules before 19-July-2010, and I was required only 95 points (75+10+10).

For you extension you will be considered for the same point system as that of your initial application for Tier1. As you have applied before the new rules came into force you would fall under the old rules where you scored 95 points.
You are not required to provide any proof for your Initial Tier 1 application, as UKBA would have records. However, for your own peace of mind you might want to make a mention of your initial application date in a cover letter to be sent with your application. Include any correspondence with your previous application if you wish to (but not necessary). A cover letter is a good guide for your caseworker if you wish to explain certain things. It makes matters easier to perceive

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Date of your first successful Tier 1 application

Post by tkumarp » Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

As said I would like to mention the same in cover letter.

Below is the small para which details it in my cover letter, can you please suggest if this looks fine or any changes needed.

I have made my first successful Tier-1(General) application on 28-June-2010, so as per the Immigration laws at paragraph 245CA of part 6A and under paragraph 7 of Appendix A, I am claiming a total of 75 points under the attributes section which is aggregation of 10 points for my age, 35 points for my education, 25 points for my past earnings and 5 points for UK experience.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

tkumarp wrote:As said I would like to mention the same in cover letter.

Below is the small para which details it in my cover letter, can you please suggest if this looks fine or any changes needed.

I have made my first successful Tier-1(General) application on 28-June-2010, so as per the Immigration laws at paragraph 245CA of part 6A and under paragraph 7 of Appendix A, I am claiming a total of 75 points under the attributes section which is aggregation of 10 points for my age, 35 points for my education, 25 points for my past earnings and 5 points for UK experience.
instead writing a big cover letter,only printout from ukba points based calculator is enough.your all details about claiming points shall be covered officially via points based calculator.
enter your date when you first time applied in points based calculator,rest of all the rules and regulation at the time of initial application shall come automatically.

i am one of those applicants who didn't write any cover letter,i just attached points based calculator printout from ukba website for visa extension.my Tier1 extension has been approved successfully.
my all case details and documents attached are here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#645172

cover letter is only required when your application is complicated and you think case worker shall not be able to understand.
Razian

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 pm

tkumarp wrote:Thanks mate for clearing off the confusion.

Q1 ANSWER: The date when you applied and sent application by post or when you applied in VAC.
Q2 ANSWER: NO

Please ,do not forget to attach printout from points based calculator.
enter your all details about age,qualifications,previous earnings, UK experience,funds, English language etc correctly in points based calculator.
Points based calculator Printout gives overview of your application and makes it easy to understand for Case worker.
Razian