ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

singhmohit
United Kingdom

ILR queries

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi All,

Ive just got this year's P60 from my new employer. However the sum of my pay slips from 25-Apr-2011 to 25-Mar-2012 does not add up to the "total for year" on the P60.
I'd imagine if that doesnt match may be 25-May-2011 to 25-Apr-12 would; but that doesnt match up either.

I'm trying the total of Gross Salary from pay slips to telly against the "Total for Year" from P60. If these dont match, is that a big problem???

Note: Ive changed my employer in Sept-12... I dont know if that makes any difference.

Mohit
Last edited by singhmohit on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: My Pay Slips dont add up to P60

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm

singhmohit wrote: I'm trying the total of Gross Salary from pay slips to telly against the "Total for Year" from P60. If these dont match, is that a big problem???
The P60 will reflect your total taxable pay for the financial year. When you say you are summing the Gross Salary from pay slips, you should make sure that it's the Taxable Pay you total up to do this verification. Taxable Pay & Gross Pay will be indicated seperately in your payslip. These two figures may be different if you receive non-taxable benefits such as Health Insurance, Pension Contributions etc...
singhmohit wrote: Note: Ive changed my employer in Sept-12... I dont know if that makes any difference.
No, this should not make a difference.

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Possibly if you are making pension contributions by way of salary surrender, for tax purposes these payments are excluded. Thus whereas you payslip shows the gross before tax inclusive of the salary surrender, your P60 will only show gross after salary surrender.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:20 pm

sweet cs95tdg
I'll give that a shot...
I'd have known better only if iI had'nt slept through my accounting classes :D

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:21 pm

joh892 wrote:Possibly if you are making pension contributions by way of salary surrender, for tax purposes these payments are excluded. Thus whereas you payslip shows the gross before tax inclusive of the salary surrender, your P60 will only show gross after salary surrender.
Thanks jon892, but it kinda went over my head :cry: :?

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:27 pm

:lol: literally?

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

joh892 wrote::lol: literally?
Sorry, just read it again slooooooooooooooowly...
I'll look properly about sal surrender and pension and try "=sum(A:A)" again on the excel sheet.

The thing is i dont even know if I use any of that... Well I do know I have some pension thing going about in my payslip, but I've never looked at it properly...Gosh! what lenghts one has to go for getting an ILR!!!

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Ah, if you have pension then that could be it! Just check carefully plus use that "=Sum(A:A)" thing! No idea what it is but I can give it a good guess. And yea ILR requires lots of dedication and time all for the sake of staying in this country... Well...and I am here too :)

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:46 pm

joh892 wrote:Ah, if you have pension then that could be it! Just check carefully plus use that "=Sum(A:A)" thing! No idea what it is but I can give it a good guess. And yea ILR requires lots of dedication and time all for the sake of staying in this country... Well...and I am here too :)
Perfect guys,
Excluded the pension thing and dig a little deeper... all matched...
Right up to £0.01.. :D

Thanks Joh and cs95tdg

Mohit

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

joh892 wrote:Ah, if you have pension then that could be it! Just check carefully plus use that "=Sum(A:A)" thing! No idea what it is but I can give it a good guess. And yea ILR requires lots of dedication and time all for the sake of staying in this country... Well...and I am here too :)
Sum(A:A) is a formula in excel to calcualte the sum of everything in column 'A'.
You see I'm a geek who doesnt know we need to deduct pension from gross before Tax..... :)

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Brilliant... there was something for everyone to learn. But great that all sorted and understood now. All the best with your application. Going to see them UKBA next week wed.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah mate thanks.
You too, good luck with them, these lot are a tough ones...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Stopped by national rail, paid fine, should I do a CRB?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 am

singhmohit wrote:Hi all,

Probably answer is obvious; but I'd still ask...

I once forgot my national rail card home while going to work (woolwich to cannon st). officer at cannon st gave me a fine but also said "its just a warning". A week later a letter in the post turned up which said i need to pay £20 now to stop any further action. I was like "**** this" and logged online and paid £20.

But... I have no records to prove that Ive paid it, no email confirmation etc (cant remember I took a screenshot of the payment made screen either). National rail have not sent me anything else but I'm still concerned if there is something on their records...

Should I do a CRB check to find out if there is anything?
Leading questions...
How much does a CRB check cost?
How long does it take?

Thanks in anticipation...
Mohit
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 am

Searching for information already available helps.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

super...
seems i don't need to be worried about it..
however, I have no proof that I paid the fine (like I said, not even a screenshot of the website) which I can take to my appointment.
In such scenario do people advice that I do a CRB and take the result with me?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 am

Understand and appreciate the difference between "unspent criminal conviction" and a "penalty / fine" (a civil penalty in your case).

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Stopped by national rail, paid fine, should I do a CRB?

Post by quantum1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
singhmohit wrote:Hi all,

Probably answer is obvious; but I'd still ask...

I once forgot my national rail card home while going to work (woolwich to cannon st). officer at cannon st gave me a fine but also said "its just a warning". A week later a letter in the post turned up which said i need to pay £20 now to stop any further action. I was like "**** this" and logged online and paid £20.

But... I have no records to prove that Ive paid it, no email confirmation etc (cant remember I took a screenshot of the payment made screen either). National rail have not sent me anything else but I'm still concerned if there is something on their records...

Should I do a CRB check to find out if there is anything?
Leading questions...
How much does a CRB check cost?
How long does it take?

Thanks in anticipation...
Mohit
Its more likely you paid a penalty fare (£20)which is distinct from a fine. Fines start from £80. It doesn't hurt to check though

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:18 pm

cheers mate,
thanks for clarifying, clearly im using the wrong lingo here.
must have been a penalty fare and I guess you are right about fine, the £80 pound mark…

I’ll google about getting a CRB…
Thanks again…