ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miss maheen
Newly Registered

Bank statements

Post by miss maheen » Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

My friend applied for student visa extension on 13th of April as her visa expired on 14th of April 2012.Her file returned on 10th of may as invalid as some of the parts of the application forms were missing.UKBA said she can re apply but did not state any time period.Her first bank statement was dating 5th April.She again ordered another bank statement on 17th may 2012.Till date she haven't applied but plans to apply this week.Can she give those two bank statements or does she need a new one.Actually the problem is that cash has been withdrawn from the account after 17th may 2012.
Kindly suggest that can she apply now on the bank statement of 17th June 2012?
Thanks

miss maheen
Newly Registered

Bank statements

Post by miss maheen » Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 pm

She can also start a bank statement starting from today which she has already done.Is it a right way to do so?kindly tell me the impact it will have on her status.

inthu
Newly Registered

28 days Fund statement (Exchange Rate)

Post by inthu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I am yet to apply for UK student visa under Tier 4 PBS. I have to submit a 28 days fund statement for GBP 9000.00. I had sufficient fund maintained in my account from April 2012 in INR. But due to the increase in the GBP exchange rate at the month of May above INR 87 per GBP, my fund requirement fell below GBP 9000 for a period of two weeks.
As of now the balance maintained by me is sufficient as per the ongoing INR/GBP exchange rate.

Which date should i consider to convert my fund in GBP? Is it ok if my balance in GBP is 9000 as on the closing day of 28days is met or should i maintain the GBP 9000 limit throughout the 28days ?

Deviser

Re: Bank statements

Post by Deviser » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 pm

miss maheen wrote:My friend applied for student visa extension on 13th of April as her visa expired on 14th of April 2012.Her file returned on 10th of may as invalid as some of the parts of the application forms were missing.UKBA said she can re apply but did not state any time period.Her first bank statement was dating 5th April.She again ordered another bank statement on 17th may 2012.Till date she haven't applied but plans to apply this week.Can she give those two bank statements or does she need a new one.Actually the problem is that cash has been withdrawn from the account after 17th may 2012.
Kindly suggest that can she apply now on the bank statement of 17th June 2012?
Thanks
Visa expired on 14 April 2012. Today is 12 June 2012. Do you think that UKBA will give you further leave?

Deviser

Re: 28 days Fund statement (Exchange Rate)

Post by Deviser » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 pm

inthu wrote:I am yet to apply for UK student visa under Tier 4 PBS. I have to submit a 28 days fund statement for GBP 9000.00. I had sufficient fund maintained in my account from April 2012 in INR. But due to the increase in the GBP exchange rate at the month of May above INR 87 per GBP, my fund requirement fell below GBP 9000 for a period of two weeks.
As of now the balance maintained by me is sufficient as per the ongoing INR/GBP exchange rate.

Which date should i consider to convert my fund in GBP? Is it ok if my balance in GBP is 9000 as on the closing day of 28days is met or should i maintain the GBP 9000 limit throughout the 28days ?
The UKBA published Tier-4 guidance says:

156. If a Tier 4 (General) student is using overseas currency, we will expect him/her to show (write on their application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official exchange rate on the OANDA website, which can be found at www.oanda.com/convert/classic.

157. When we assess a Tier 4 (General) student’s documents we will use the exchange rate on the date of the closing balance of his/her account to check the value of the money in pounds sterling.

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Reading this student's situation, as application came back on the 10th May i.e. post-visa expiry date, how much time does the applicant get to make an in-country re-application before classed as an over-stayer?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm

rk_2011 wrote:Reading this student's situation, as application came back on the 10th May i.e. post-visa expiry date, how much time does the applicant get to make an in-country re-application before classed as an over-stayer?
the student became an overstayer from 14th April however the tier 4 rules allow out of time applications.

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 pm

OK that's interesting. But after 10th May, if the student had re-applied what would be latest s/he could re-apply in-country and still be in UKBA's good books .. hope it makes sense? Or if an application is refused out-of-time how much time does the applicant get to leave the country and and still stay within the law?