ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

valid visa on expired passport (now renewed)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drramanjett
Newly Registered

valid visa on expired passport (now renewed)

Post by drramanjett » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:07 am

I have a 4 year HSMP stamp on my old expired passport (expired in september) which now I have renewed . However the valid visa stamp is still on my old passport. Although the new passport itself says that the old passport has VALID visa stamp ( and that is why the old passport is being returned) . Do you think that I will face any difficulty while travelling to India ( i am doing so in a week's time) and back. (by the way the old passport which has now been cancelled expires on january 2007).

I find the immigration officers on heathrow and delhi , particularly insulting. And last thing i want is being harassed / embarassed by them ( although everything in the pink still doesn't guarantee that!)

So please answer my query . do i urgently need to transfer the stamp on my new passport or this can wait while i come back from india. ( i am an indian national on HSMP here as a working doctor in the NHS).

Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 am

Isn't this more suited for inclusion in an "immigration" related discussion board on this website rather than the "HSMP" forum ???

Or are people throwing up posts whereever they fancy !! Friends, we are all mature individuals and professionals, so please maintain a decorum. There's reason for setting up multiple discussion boards on the same site !!

Moderators ... It seems that the HSMP discussion board is being deliberately ignored by you all. I say so because the frequency of duplicate posts and also "irrelevant" posts on this board has increased manifold in the recent past, but no moderator is taking the initiative to put an end to it. :cry:

regards

drramanjett
Newly Registered

apology

Post by drramanjett » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:48 am

please forgive me for the above.

I think the above problem is very unique to HSMP extension holders (having 4 yrs stamps) and thus i thought that above was more appropriate. But in hind sight , i think that you are correct.

I request that this post be moved to the appropriate forum.

I apologize for the above.