ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i apply for Tire 1 extesnion just in case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johngt
Newly Registered

Should i apply for Tire 1 extesnion just in case

Post by johngt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 pm

I have booked my appointment for 27/06/2012 for ILR.

My total number of days outside of UK is less than 180 but in that 98 days are in one stretch.

Should I consider applying for Tire 1 extension before going to my ILR appointment?

Assuming I go for ILR straight and the application gets refused, will I have an opportunity to apply for Tire 1 extension later on beyond my current visa expiry date?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 pm

When does your current leave expire?
Which PEO have you booked the appointment at?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

johngt
Newly Registered

Post by johngt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 pm

current leave expires: 23 July
PEO Appointment: 28 June @ Croydon

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 pm

An out-of-time application for leave to remain under PBS is possible but this will involve a period of "overstay" which will reset your ILR clock. If refused, out-of-time application will not have a right of appeal.

johngt
Newly Registered

Post by johngt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So does this mean it’s better for me to apply for Tire 1 extension first and then rebook and apply for Indefinite leave to remain?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 pm

If you believe that:
1. you cannot provide adequate evidence in support of your settlement application that helps prove that despite the 90+ days absence you did not break continuous residence in the UK, and
2. If given the right to appeal, you will still be unable to prove the same in an appeal

then you should apply for extension before applying for settlement.

johngt
Newly Registered

Post by johngt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Since the cost is very high for the Tire 1 extension, and I am reasonably confident to prove the 90+ days did not break my residency,

Is it better to go to Solihull, as I read in the forum that they only charge for successful applications, and if they on the day say they cannot process my application, then I can apply for Tire 1 extension before my visa expires?