ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sucessful SET O - ILR - on HSMP (non JR) - important facts..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mr_danny

sucessful SET O - ILR - on HSMP (non JR) - important facts..

Post by mr_danny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi All

I have recently sucessfully applied for my SET O - ILR with my family at Solihull. 5 year HSMP & Tier 1 General (2years+3years)

I have always silent reader of this excellant fourm - so here's my thank you.

Below are point which I feel may help you all: -

1) Take as many documents as possible - as a couple of documents I took just as, helped me with co-habilitaion proof (which if not available may have been an issue.

2) I entered the UK almost 2 months after my Entry Clearance, and applied within the 28 days BEFORE the expiry of my 5 years. I didnt have to ask (forget begging) - the caseworker proceeded with case normally. So it seems clear that - if you entered the UK within 90 days of your initial Entry Clearance grant you should be okay to proceed for SETO on 5 year basis (you dont have to do further extension to cover the tiny gap). Unless I maybe wrong and you meet a non co-operative caseworker.

3) Co-hab docs, you will need things which have BOTH your names on it, just your spouse name at your address is not that acceptable. They need ONLY the last 2 years documents, council bills are highly regarded, tenancy agreements, and bank statements - this is what they accept more. My caseworker didnt like any utility bills. Credit card bills, where you or your spouse is suplimentary card holder, is also good.

4) DONT flood the caseworker with documents, take everything, and WAIT before being asked for them. Speak less - speak the truth - this will help you.

5) Dont keep staring at the case worker, keep your eyes down or away, while they doesnt speak to you, to let them feel comfortable doing their job.

6) Try to book Solihull or other centers (I have been to croydon before for extension and was not impressed). They are very friendly at solihull, parking is 1 minute walk (John Lewis) - and YES it seemed you pay after they sucessfully decide your case - as was the case with me.

7) Bio metric has been an issue throughout this year and are common, but THANK GOD on the day it got fixed in 2 hours.

8 ) Child born in the UK - I still recommend you get their ILR as well, who knows what tomorrow has in store for you.

9) MAKE SURE you have checked that you have the CORRECT version of the form, check the nite before you attend the PEO. I saw 2 people turned back because they had the OLDER version of the application forms.

10) Documents the case worker took: -
12 months payslips
12 months bank statements
Employer confirmation letter - just a few lines of when you working since & should have your employee number, ni number & dob
NO P60s asked for
Cohab documents are discussed above
Marriage and Birth Certificates

Lastly - DRESS WELL, this day is MORE important then others, me and family spend well, dressed well, and BEHAVED - which was commented as GOOD by members of the UKBA staff.

I will be happy to answer anyone with any questions.

This is just COMMENTS , no legal or NO other binding OR NO liability whatsoever.....

GOD BLESS

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

I must say that you deserve to get your ILR. After reading your most sincere advices in your post I must say that you are an extremely sincere person and an helpful person. I really found all your advices very very helpful and kind to be honest with you. Thanking you once again for your sincere advice I'll definitely take all of them on board for my self when I'll be applying for my ILR and Solihull is a definite choice for me now that's decided.

Good luck for the future.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm

congrats mate.....
I'm surprised why people bought old version forms. the new version is Version 04/2012 i believe and it won't change every month .

the latest version is available on UKBA website is that correct ??? so we have check a night before appointment at UKBA website.

thanks again for your advices.

mr_danny

Post by mr_danny » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 pm

fahadz1 wrote:congrats mate.....
I'm surprised why people bought old version forms. the new version is Version 04/2012 i believe and it won't change every month .

the latest version is available on UKBA website is that correct ??? so we have check a night before appointment at UKBA website.

thanks again for your advices.
They bought the 02/2012 forms, I had no idea why, but these things happen sometimes if one isnt techno savy.

Goodluck