ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extremely worried about the port of entry as British citizen

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amtul
Newly Registered

Extremely worried about the port of entry as British citizen

Post by amtul » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:09 am

Hi,

I am a British citizen and now will be visitng canada with my 2 kids to see my sister and uncles. My husband works in UK and is Briitsh as well but he is not travelling

My biggest concern is we had applied for the canddian residency in 2000 and received the residency in 2005. We then visited Canada for a short visit to complete the formalities of immigritation.

In the mean time we decided not to go ahead with the canadian residency as we preferred to live in UK.

Now, I worry that at immigration they will ask as to why I did not continue with my residency? We had applied for canadian visa about 3 years ago for my younger child (was not candian resident) to see family and this was refused. The officer was unhappy and said there are worldwide queues to get to canada and we have wasted our candian residency! Actually he was a bit jealous as we preferred to continue living in UK.

Please please tell me what documents I should carry along and what I should tell the immigration officer whn he asked questions about the candain residency.

many thanks in advance

amtul
Newly Registered

Post by amtul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm

hi there folks,

anyone who could on my earlier email.

please share any thoughts

thanks in advance

fillmore
Newly Registered

Post by fillmore » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 am

8)
Last edited by fillmore on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fillmore
Newly Registered

Post by fillmore » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:42 pm

8)
Last edited by fillmore on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fillmore
Newly Registered

Post by fillmore » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 am

8)
Last edited by fillmore on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bkankit
BANNED

Re: Extremely worried about the port of entry as British cit

Post by bkankit » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:49 am

amtul wrote:Hi,

I am a British citizen and now will be visitng canada with my 2 kids to see my sister and uncles. My husband works in UK and is Briitsh as well but he is not travelling

My biggest concern is we had applied for the canddian residency in 2000 and received the residency in 2005. We then visited Canada for a short visit to complete the formalities of immigritation.

In the mean time we decided not to go ahead with the canadian residency as we preferred to live in UK.

Now, I worry that at immigration they will ask as to why I did not continue with my residency? We had applied for canadian visa about 3 years ago for my younger child (was not candian resident) to see family and this was refused. The officer was unhappy and said there are worldwide queues to get to canada and we have wasted our candian residency! Actually he was a bit jealous as we preferred to continue living in UK.

Please please tell me what documents I should carry along and what I should tell the immigration officer whn he asked questions about the candain residency.

many thanks in advance
• 'WWICS one of the biggest culprits' - Times Of India
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com › Collections › Visa
20 Feb 2012 – WWICS is one of the biggest culprits and the maximum names have been ... Chandigarh police sealed premises of 20 city-based travel agents ...
• WWICS bank accounts sealed - Yes
nrinewspost.blogspot.com/2012/02/wwics-bank-accounts-sealed.html
27 Feb 2012 – WWICS bank accounts sealed. Chandigarh - The World Wide Immigration and Consultancy Services (WWICS) here faced another setback as ...
• WWICS Mohali raided, Sec 22 office sealed - Times Of India
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com › Collections › Website
15 Feb 2012 – CHANDIGARH: Tightening its noose around one of the biggest immigration company of the region WWICS, the Special Investigation Team ...