ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Registered accountant" requirement for earnings h

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

help_me_please
Newly Registered

"Registered accountant" requirement for earnings h

Post by help_me_please » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:03 pm

I am submitting a letter from my accountant as a proof of my earnings.

My accountant is a firm whose "director" is registered with a institute from the list mentioned by border agency.

I am giving the letter with stamp, sign and letter head of the firm. (the sign is of the person from customer support team).

I have 2 questions
1. Do I need to prove that my accountant is a registered member, and what document do I need to prove it?
2. Will it be ok if I give this letter from my accountant firm and a proof (that you would explain in question 1) of membership of the "director" of this firm?

Your help in clarifying this would be very much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: "Registered accountant" requirement for earnin

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 am

help_me_please wrote:My accountant is a firm whose "director" is registered with a institute from the list mentioned by border agency.
IMHO, then the director is the only one who can sign your letter.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks for your reply sushdmehta!

My accountant is a bit fussy on this issue, so another alternative for me now is to give P60(or HMRC earnings statement) and personal bank statements (fortunately the tax year is in my 15 prev months). They show earnings enough to get me the required points.

But P60 (or HMRC earnings statement) has Gross Pay and PAYE on it (no employee NIC payments)

Whereas the bank statements will total to the Gross Pay minus PAYE minus NIC. Does UKBA accept this NIC gap?

(I joined my accountant services midway through the tax year and hence initial salary slips were generated by myself. though these are genuine and all the tax and NIC for initial slips is also paid, I am not sure UKBA will accept something generated by myself)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:03 pm

help_me_please wrote:Hello, can someone please clarify what documents are required to prove that the accountant is a member of the certified list?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:16 pm

The relevant membership number of the person issuing any documents must be clearly mentioned in the letter.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 pm

help_me_please wrote:Thanks for your reply sushdmehta!

My accountant is a bit fussy on this issue, so another alternative for me now is to give P60(or HMRC earnings statement) and personal bank statements (fortunately the tax year is in my 15 prev months). They show earnings enough to get me the required points.

But P60 (or HMRC earnings statement) has Gross Pay and PAYE on it (no employee NIC payments)

Whereas the bank statements will total to the Gross Pay minus PAYE minus NIC. Does UKBA accept this NIC gap?

(I joined my accountant services midway through the tax year and hence initial salary slips were generated by myself. though these are genuine and all the tax and NIC for initial slips is also paid, I am not sure UKBA will accept something generated by myself)
If you need, in line with what is stated in the policy guidance, any documentary evidence(s) issued by a certified accountant, then you have no other option.

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 pm

The director of my accountancy firm signed the letter finally. He is a member of an approved supervisory body. But the stamp is of the accountancy firm and also another sign of customer support team member (the accountancy firm is not a member of ukba approved supervisory body just to mention again), also its on letterhead of the firm not the director, will it be ok?

In the main body of the letter is mentioned my total gross pay, tax paid, NIC, net pay, dividends and also seperately, the company profit for the year.
The Invoice breakup and pay summary are in the annex (page 2 of the letter) and this fact is mentioned in the first page signed by the director of the accountancy firm. This 2nd page is stamped with only the accountancy firm stamp and the customer care team member, the director says sign on first page is enough. (I tried much to convince him already but seems wont help). Is stamp of first page only really enough?

The director has included a photocopy of his membership certificate of the supervisory body with the letter. But if the home office needs to do verification checks themselves with this supervisory body they will need his DOB or Home address which the director says is personal information and will share only if the home office calls him up to get the information. The telephone number mentioned is actually of the accountancy firm and they will connect to the director who whill then give the information. You think this will work with home office?

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:39 pm

just to let you know, this supervisory body does not keep a directory online so home office cant check on website but need to call the contact number on the website and give name and DOB/residence address

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 am

help_me_please wrote:The director has included a photocopy of his membership certificate of the supervisory body with the letter.
You couldn't have asked for more, IMHO.

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 am

Hello,
Just did some digging out on a similar previous post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#594367
bobby80gh wrote:The person who signs the letter should have ACCA practising certificate. If he does not have ACCA practising certificate then legally he can not sign the accountant letter. Been an ACCA member is not enough to act for the public like signing letters. The good thing is the home office may not be aware of this so you might be fine if even the person who signed the letter does not have a practicing certificate.
So for any registered body you need to have a practicing certificate?

1. The guideline talks about being a member and not of being a practicing member.

Asked because if this is a confirmed requirement I need to figure out if the director mentioned above in my post has a practicing certificate or just a member.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 am

Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:the accountant must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body.
Which category does your accountant belong to? And which supervisory body is he a member of? What does the membership certificate state?

The fact that he has refused to sign all pages of the documents that he is issuing does raise suspicion. And if the firm is not a member of any approved supervisory body, then why is he issuing the necessary documents on the firm's letterheaded paper and using firm's stamp?

help_me_please
Newly Registered

Post by help_me_please » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 am

The supervisory body is in the list, certificate states "entitled to use description Chartered Management Accountant" so "certified accountant who is a member of a registered body." must be applicable for him? (I am not very much informed on accountancy related nuances so just want to confirm)

being a director of the firm he can sign the firm's letterhead I guess. (the firm is not a member though)
Last edited by help_me_please on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:33 am

See Members in practice and Find a CIMA accountant

See if you can find him. If he is listed, I believe he is a member in practice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:44 am

help_me_please wrote:being a director of the firm he can sign the firm's letterhead I guess. (the firm is not a member though)
I guess so too, he owns the company. Don't think the firm needs to be a member in this case.

msathish
Newly Registered

ACCA accountant Regn self employed query

Post by msathish » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,
I am shortly applying for Tier1 first renewal with fulltime employment and self employment salary accounted in. My accountant has given me the letter but has not mentioned her accountant registration no in the document. When asked for, I get a response that none before asked for and thats confidential but if UKBA needs to cross check, the accountant has offered to reveal the no. to them.
when I checked the membership of the accountant on acca website https://www.acca-business.org/dom/, I could find the name of accountant and the admission year but against certificate held, it has nothing mentioned. Can someone tell me if this is sufficient? will this info on acca website be considered as an valid data for UKBA to confirm the accountant.
Per UKBA document, its mentioned that only members of ACCA/ other Accountant org should give the accountant statement.
Can someone explain if there is a risk in using this letter?

Regards,
Sathish.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: ACCA accountant Regn self employed query

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 pm

msathish wrote:Hi,
I am shortly applying for Tier1 first renewal with fulltime employment and self employment salary accounted in. My accountant has given me the letter but has not mentioned her accountant registration no in the document. When asked for, I get a response that none before asked for and thats confidential but if UKBA needs to cross check, the accountant has offered to reveal the no. to them.
when I checked the membership of the accountant on acca website https://www.acca-business.org/dom/, I could find the name of accountant and the admission year but against certificate held, it has nothing mentioned. Can someone tell me if this is sufficient? will this info on acca website be considered as an valid data for UKBA to confirm the accountant.
Per UKBA document, its mentioned that only members of ACCA/ other Accountant org should give the accountant statement.
Can someone explain if there is a risk in using this letter?

Regards,
Sathish.
If no certificate held against the ACCA member then he/she is not athorised to engage in the public practice. If he/she is giving you such service then it is against the professional ethics and ACCA rules.

Home Office will check his status and reject your application. You do not need his membership number. Just visit the link you posted and check by his name or by firm details.

I hope this helps.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:41 am

My accountant uses FCCA against his name on his letterhead and also states as "chartered certified accountants and registered auditors" on the letterhead but neither I could find S Paramaguru on ACCA website nor his company PARAM and COMPANY is on company house but he takes cheques in his company name. How is it possible?