ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension: Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Devil81 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi
I will be applying for my extension of Tier 1 (General) visa in July. I had couple of queries while filling of application form.
1.While surfing through the extension form i came across Section D3 which states "What date was the entry clearance or visa issued" which refers to initial application.
I am bit confused with this one. Which date needs to be specified ? Is it the visa issue date specified on my visa or the date when i submitted my application form & paid associated fees at PEO ?
My date at PEO : 16/07/2010
Initial Visa Issue date : 16/08/2010 as per visa

2. As per Section D4 in application form "Enter reference number as specified on visa.
Is it the same as VAF no. specified on Visa

Eagerly waiting for your replies

Regards,
Devil

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Extension form : Tier 1 (General) visa

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:26 pm

This has been discussed in the forum before
Devil81 wrote:Hi
I will be applying for my extension of Tier 1 (General) visa in July. I had couple of queries while filling of application form.
1.While surfing through the extension form i came across Section D3 which states "What date was the entry clearance or visa issued" which refers to initial application.
I am bit confused with this one. Which date needs to be specified ? Is it the visa issue date specified on my visa or the date when i submitted my application form & paid associated fees at PEO ?
My date at PEO : 16/07/2010
Initial Visa Issue date : 16/08/2010 as per visa
This is your Initial Visa Issue date which appears on your entry clearance vignette. It says Valid from

2. As per Section D4 in application form "Enter reference number as specified on visa.
Is it the same as VAF no. specified on Visa
No VAF no. is Visa Application Form no. The reference number that you need to enter here is in the Top right corner denoted in red colour of your entry clearance vignette

Eagerly waiting for your replies

Regards,
Devil

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Devil81 wrote:I will be applying for extension of my Tier 1 (General) visa in July 2012.
Following are the details of my Tier 1 (General) visa
Date of initial application : 16/07/2010
Entry clearance date : 16/08/2010
Date of Expiry : 16/08/2012

I entered UK in Aug 2011 after a year of my visa issue date which means i have stayed in UK for less than a year before going for my extension.
Will this affect my current extension ?
Eventhough I am able to satisfy all the requirements in terms of points scored (Total = 95+10+10), I am worried regarding my duration of stay in UK.
I am sure that for ILR i will have to go for another extension after 3 years if my extension is approved.
Is anyone with a similar scenario ?

Moderators / senior members please reply !!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Not an issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Devil81 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank you very much.