ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income versus Expenses

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mah

Income versus Expenses

Post by mah » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Dear All,

When applying for ILR, doea the case officer look at your income versus expenses?

I mean does it impact their decision if your earning is less than your expenses?

Also if you have got a loan does it impact the decision?

Thanks,

Mah

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:14 pm

It might do i suppose - depends on which category u applying

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Income versus Expenses

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

mah wrote:Dear All,

When applying for ILR, doea the case officer look at your income versus expenses?

I mean does it impact their decision if your earning is less than your expenses?

Also if you have got a loan does it impact the decision?

Thanks,

Mah
they r looking for GROSSS income.... ONLY

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi

To the best of my knowledge there's no such rule to examine any ones income versus expenses as long as you're not taking any recourse to public funds it doesn't really matter that what are your expenses and what's your income in contrast of that. Your income has to legitimate means what so ever you've earned it has to earned by fair means and you should have paid the right amount of tax on that income that's the most important which is being very seriously examined by any CW.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do share your PEO experience on the forum if you're applying for your ILR through PEO.

Good luck for your ILR.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 am

its income minus expenses. so if your gross income for may 2012 was 2000 but 100 were expenses then your gross income was 1900 which is what you claim for not 2000.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies. I'm tier 1 and will apply for ILR next year. But I'm ore confused now

Dear innocentdevil,

can you explain more pl? For example my salary before tax is 29K for 2012. So I can claim 30 points.
But my living expenses are 40K.
Does it affect the decision and the points I earn?
I can get loan, borrow and/or use my savings to cover the difference

Regards,

Mah

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:05 pm

mah wrote: For example my salary before tax is 29K for 2012. So I can claim 30 points.
But my living expenses are 40K.
Does it affect the decision and the points I earn?
The points you score for previous earnings are based on your gross income for the 12 month period in question. Your personal living expenses have no effect on the points you score for previous earnings.

I suspect the discussion here around exclusion of expenses in this topic is related to self-employed applicants who deduct expenses from their earnings for tax benefit purposes as part their self-employment. But will leave this for those who posted the comments to confirm.