ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP, Flying to UK tomorrow (on a bank holiday)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LeavingNice
Newly Registered

Lost BRP, Flying to UK tomorrow (on a bank holiday)

Post by LeavingNice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi all,

I'm in pretty deep trouble here. I am in Nice, France at ther moment and have a flight back to manchester tomorrow. I lost my BRP on friday and have not been able to apply for a single entry visa to the uk due to the 2-day bank holiday and weekend. Add to the fact that paris is 6 hours away from nice making it impossible to get there early enough for an emergency application (if it exists)

I need to get this flight back and cannot delay. I have emailed the lost brp to the homeoffice and filed a police report. My problem now is I have no valid visa to return to the UK and all I have with me is my passport, a photocopy of my BRP, a police report and plane tickets.

What are the chances that I will be allowed to board the plane and allowed through the UK border?

Tips and suggestions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Assuming you are a visa national and you don't have some old "valid" UK visa in your passport, your main challenge would be boarding a flight. If you manage to get to the border, you would probably be let it (after they verify your details/story).

LeavingNice
Newly Registered

Post by LeavingNice » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks jambo. I'm replying from the airport now and ryanair have been nice enough to let me with a passport. Apparently, a few passengers have also lost their visas/passports/permits. Flying soon and hopefully all goes well :D

nur1981
Newly Registered

BRP lost

Post by nur1981 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:44 am

LeavingNice,

Please share your experience once you reach UK.

As I may have to do the same after couple of weeks when I travel back from my buisness trip as I have lost my visa as well.

Thanks

Nurali

LeavingNice
Newly Registered

Post by LeavingNice » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 am

Nurall,

I don't know if the same case will apply for you as I have been away during the bank holidays. So I physically do not have the time to apply for a visa before my flight. If it's a couple of weeks, they might ask why you didn't try applying for the single-entry visa. (If you're in a difficult place to do so - I'm guessing they will let you off)

I'm back in the UK now. Both airline staff and immigration have been really nice and helpful to me. I might have overreacted as I was afraid I'd have to face someone who was strictly by-the-book. My advice is to bring as much docs as you can to provide evidence of what happened. Police report will be important. So will a photocopy of your visa/permit. (Not having a passport will be a more difficult situation - I was lucky I only lost my brp)

Be honest with staff and immigration officers - you should be fine.