ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received BRP card with wrong validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_fever
Newly Registered

Received BRP card with wrong validity

Post by tier1_fever » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Hello all,

I have an issue on BRP card related to validity date and need your advise

I had tier 1 (general) migrant visa which was due on 01st May 2012. so i have applied for extension for another two years on 04th April 2012

I have received approval letter and received BRP card too.

dates:
Application date: 04th April 2012.
Approval letter: 25th May 2012
Recieved BRP card: 28th May 2012

Validity on BRP card shows 04th April 2014 which i think it should be 25th May 2014.

I had sent mail to BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they have replied that everything is according to their records and need to contact caseworker

Can you please advise what is correct and how to complain this with UK BA.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Received BRP card with wrong validity

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 pm

tier1_fever wrote: Validity on BRP card shows 04th April 2014 which i think it should be 25th May 2014.
Given that you applied within a month of the visa expiry date, you should have been issued leave with an expiry date exactly to complete five years in a single category. When did your original leave begin (issue date)?

Shyam2012
Newly Registered

Re: Received BRP card with wrong validity

Post by Shyam2012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

did you manage to get your issue sorted out. Could you please let me know the procedure? I also have the same sort of issue.

Thanks,
Shyam