ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal for Tier 1

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shobapaireddy

Passport Renewal for Tier 1

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi

My husband is getting his tier one extended via postal service this month. He just noticed that his Indian passport expires in Sept 2012. His current tier 1 expires on the 7th of July 2012. He was planning to apply for his visa via postal on the 10th of June. Now we are a bit worried about the pp status. Will that cause any issue.

If we can get the pp renewed, how long does it take to get it renewed if we went in person. Our nearest Indian consulate is Birmingham. Can anyone please advise? thank you!

Thank you

Shoba

ricky_1

Re: Passport Renewal for Tier 1

Post by ricky_1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

shobapaireddy wrote:Hi

My husband is getting his tier one extended via postal service this month. He just noticed that his Indian passport expires in Sept 2012. His current tier 1 expires on the 7th of July 2012. He was planning to apply for his visa via postal on the 10th of June. Now we are a bit worried about the pp status. Will that cause any issue.

If we can get the pp renewed, how long does it take to get it renewed if we went in person. Our nearest Indian consulate is Birmingham. Can anyone please advise? thank you!

Thank you

Shoba
@ Shoba.

I'm afraid your husband can not renew his TIER 1 PSW as the employment gates ( you might be aware of) have already been closed. Moreover, PSW, TIER 1 (general), HSMP extentsion have also been called off.

Ask your husband to book an appointment with the cousulate in order to renew his pp and ask him whether he can get a sponser (Tier 2) from his current employer.

If he can't then you both have to go back to india or find another country for a life !

ricky
---