ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Father's consent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Julia02
Newly Registered

MN1 Father's consent

Post by Julia02 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me. I am applying for naturalisation for myself (4 years unmarried partners + 1 ILR) and a child (MN1 section 3(1)). I am divorced with the child’s father who lives outside of the UK. Due to personal issues the father doesn’t speak to me at all and ignores all the emails about signing the child form. The divorce papers say “to allow the minor to live with his mother”. Would that be enough to apply without fathers consent? What comments shall I put in section 13 about this?
Thank you very much in advance for the answers. I am really panicking now.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Father's consent

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Julia02 wrote:The divorce papers say “to allow the minor to live with his mother”. Would that be enough to apply without fathers consent?
I think so, if you have the parental responsibility and not the father (9.18.3).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!