ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP entry clearance queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

artfreak9

HSMP entry clearance queries

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 am

Hi all,
i have a query about HSMP entry clearance. i have received my Approval letter for HSMP. i am currently a student in the UK. i have finished the taught phase of my masters degree but am in the process of handing in my thesis in order to graduate...

i have received my mark transcripts already showing that i have cleared all my modules on the course and letter from university saying that i have completed course.
are these documents enough for me to apply for entry clearance with in the UK (since i officially still havnt graduated - though completed my course)
Or will i have to go back to my country to apply from there for the entry clearance using the HSMP approval letter.
One officer in the HSMP team told me it was ok to show marks transcripts as proof of course completion and another on a another day told me i have to show proof that i have i graduated ...I am confused...
Has anyone been in this situation....
PLease advice...
Regards,
Rohan..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Rohan,

If the letter from the university says you have passed the course, then this letter alongwith the transcripts are sufficient proof.

How long is your student visa valid for ? and how long is the HSMP approval valid for (what's the date on the approval letter)?. If you time, wait for your graduation date, get the degree and then apply for FLR from within UK.

regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi Thanks for an immediate reply, most appreciated...

My current student visa is valid till Jan 31st 2007...the prob. im facing is that my dissertation supervisor at university has gone off sick for some eye surgery and has not come back to uni yet. my thesis deadline is 31st December... in order to graduate this year i would have to hand the thesis in before 19th oct - which i think is not possible.

i was only wanting to know was if i can apply for EC "in -country" using marks sheet and letter from university (as i havnt shown the masters that i studied here as part of my qualifications in HSMP application)...

Also i wudnt graduate if i did not hand in the thesis

i have recieved the HSMP Approval on the 4th of august 2006 and it says on the letter that its valid for 6 months...

I am confused as some websites say "Student who has sucessfully graduated from UK university" and some say "Student who has completed course from UK university"

i dont mind going back to india and applying from there but i thought if i can do it from here it wud save me a trip and expenses of going back...
Regards,
Rohan...

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:22 pm

has anyone else got any more views on this?

bergdorf

Post by bergdorf » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:54 pm

Is this EC for HSMP?

I thought you only had to show sufficient funds for EC?!? That's all I had to show. Mine was an out of country though.....

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Yes this is for EC for HSMP. All i need to confirm is if i can apply within the country (eventhough i havnt still graduated)...though i have completed all my modules on my course and have my marks transcripts and pass letter...i am currently trying to hand in my dissertation after which i will graduate...

is this possible to do or will i have to go back to mumbai and apply from there ...my current student visa is valid till January 31st 2007.

Regards,
Rohan...

Don13
Newly Registered

Post by Don13 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:33 pm

artfreak9 wrote:Yes this is for EC for HSMP. All i need to confirm is if i can apply within the country (eventhough i havnt still graduated)...though i have completed all my modules on my course and have my marks transcripts and pass letter...i am currently trying to hand in my dissertation after which i will graduate...

is this possible to do or will i have to go back to mumbai and apply from there ...my current student visa is valid till January 31st 2007.

Regards,
Rohan...
Hi Rohan,

I think you need not worry at all, my suggestion would be to get your degree done first and then apply. you will probably be having your visa vaid untill u get your degree in hand. If the professor is not well and you are unable to submit your dessertaion owing to that problem, then in that case university will provide you letter with which you can get your student visa extended, and you know when ever u have your degree in hand and even if you have few days student visa valid you are alright to make FLR application and thats it. i mean you just have to put your FLR application before your student visa expires and need not worry what time it takes to come back with stamp to you. Finally recommendation is to get degree first and its comparitively better to get it stamped in country as u dont need anything apart from finance bank statements here..Good Luck

Don13

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Don13,
Thanks for your reply. the thing is i have been given a previous extension on my dissertation so i doubt the HO will issue another extension on my student visa. Anyways i am planning to fly to mumbai while my student visa lasts to apply for EC from there. Hopefully i should get it.
i am currently working part time in the UK and i have a full time Job offer from a UK based company. So i guess i will have to show that in mumbai to the ECO to prove that i have a job offer and regarding finances i can show my payslips for of my part time job and my tenancy agreement of the place i rent. is this ok to satisfy the officer? or would i need more papers? As i think i would be classed as a returning resident (but with status switch)
So far the papers i intend to show the officer in mumbai are:
Passport
Copy of Passport
HSMP Approval letter dated 4th Aug 2006 (states valid for 6 months)
UK Bank statements from bank(3-6 months)
Pay slips from current part time job in the UK
Tenancy agreement copy of place where i live
University papers stating that i have completed my course modules and am in process of handing in thesis in order to graduate.
Uni marks transcripts
Are these papers enough to show in mumbai?
I can get a letter of accomodation from my sister and brother in law who also live in london and passport copies if required...(but is that needed since i am renting my own place anyways)

regards,
Rohan...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 pm

If you are applying from India, you will probably need to submit all the documents you submitted for HSMP, not just the approval letter. That's what VFS told me when I had called to check.

Suggest you call up Mumbai VFS office and check before you travel to Mumbai.

regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 am

Hi,
I got my EC stamped for 2 years!!! Hurrah...i went to mumbai VFS office on 24th oct. She looked at my papers and asked wat all i want to submit. (Aparently they dont tell you wat you need to submit). All she said was "you can submit wat you think will help your application"

anyways i submitted
1) All of the papers i had given for HSMP approval(previous experince,payslips , IT returns etc etc)
2) a letter from current part time job in the uk with last 6 months payslips
3) a Job offer letter from uk company
4) a letter from my sister and brother in law stating that they can accomodate me if required.
5) My tenancy agreement of the place i rent myself.

They called me back on 26th (25th being Id holiday) to collect the packet...They have stamped it for 2 years... i had my return ticket booked for 31st oct (this is the date i had put on "wat date do you intent to enter Uk" in the VAF form) .
im now back in the UK and back at the part time work..though going to start fulltime contract postion with a multinational company...

i would like to thank all the members of this forum who have helped with with valuable advice..if anyone needs help or advice i would be more than willing to help...
Many thanks and all the best to all still waitng and applying... Just think positive...!
Cheers Rohan...

indian234

same position.....need help

Post by indian234 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:06 pm

Hello Rohan,

Congratulations for getting HSMP. Now i am in similar position. I am applying for HSMP and if it is approved, i want to withdraw from MSc after 1st semester and work. Please give me necessary suggestions as i am more inclined to work than to study. I am going to submit HSMP after Dec 4. I think if everything is fine, i will get approval. But, i request you on this and any suggestions for EC as well.

Regards,
Ram