ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa & Subsisting Relationship

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karsi
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa & Subsisting Relationship

Post by karsi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi
Current Situation
I am currently on Tier 1 in UK and it is valid until 30th November 2012.
Am going to India to register wedding with my girlfriend (who works in India) in August 2012. The actual wedding with religious ceremony is scheduled for Feb 2013.

Plan
I will come back alone after registering my wedding in August and then apply for my renewal around November. And once i get Tier 1 extension, my wife will apply for dependent visa sometime in December , so that by Feb she gets her visa and we can come back together to UK after religious ceremony.

Queries
1) Do i have to provide any evidence of subsisting Relationship from August to December?
2) Will it be a problem if i apply for my Tier 1 extension as "Married" and my wife does not apply for dependent visa at the same time?
3) Can I apply for my wife's dependent visa from UK while applying for my extension while she is in India?
4) Is there any other better alternative to cover my renewal and my wife's dependent visa without risk of refusal on either?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 pm

1. Read through Guidance - Tier 1 (General) Dependent application.
2. No.
3. No.
4. If an applicant meets the requirements, there is no risk of refusal.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

karsi
Newly Registered

Post by karsi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks alot for quick reply. I hope period from August to December - almost 4 months won't be a ground for refusal of dependent visa.

Is there any minimum requirement on how many months after wedding , dependent visa should be applied if not immediately. The guidance in above link says "significant time" . Is there any time period in unwritten/written rule that can be assumed to be safe. What is your opinion on 4-6 months delay in applying for dependent visa after wedding? Shall i try to reduce this gap?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:59 pm

karsi wrote:Thanks alot for quick reply. I hope period from August to December - almost 4 months won't be a ground for refusal of dependent visa.

Is there any minimum requirement on how many months after wedding , dependent visa should be applied if not immediately. The guidance in above link says "significant time" . Is there any time period in unwritten/written rule that can be assumed to be safe. What is your opinion on 4-6 months delay in applying for dependent visa after wedding? Shall i try to reduce this gap?
There is no minimum requirement to apply for a dependent visa. As long as you able to proof your relationship is subsisting(emails, chats, phone logs etc.), there should not be a problem. I think 4-6 months should be ok.
(Just also be aware of the timelines for applying your Tier 1 extension for November. Current timelines for a Tier 1 extension application via post is minimum 2-3 months. But via PEO for a straightforward application it is the same day with an added few days for getting the BRP)

karsi
Newly Registered

Post by karsi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks. One more query - Do both of us need to include "Name of Spouse" in our passports' or will wedding certificate be sufficient for dependent visa?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm

karsi wrote:Do both of us need to include "Name of Spouse" in our passports'
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!