ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for a visit visa whilst awaiting spouse visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seekinghelp1111
Newly Registered

Apply for a visit visa whilst awaiting spouse visa?

Post by Seekinghelp1111 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all

My hubby submitted his spouse visa , but I was just wondering is it possible to apply for 2 visa's at the same time i.e a visit visa also whilst awaiting the marriage visa?

if u fail the settlement visa for some silly reason, can you apply for a visit visa whilst awaiting an appeal?

thanks
Last edited by Seekinghelp1111 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:18 pm

He can apply for another visa with an appeal pending. If his settlement visa is refused he would be wasting 78 pounds on applying for a visit visa. There is no way it would be granted. How can a person show their ties to homeland and returnability if they have just expressed a desire to leave their current location and settle in the UK?

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 pm

it will be refused even without consideration

because Home Office will ask what is the intension of travel, obviously it isnt for a visit visa, as ur spouse is there, on that basis u dont meet the requirments for visit visa if u have a spouse, i know cus my friend had his refused and he was told not to apply

however it is entirely up to you, nothing wrong with giving it a try and peace of ur own mind
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jlolololo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't understand.

My husband has applied for a UK settlement visa. We live together outside the UK and both work. He holds a five year visit visa for the UK (expiring in 2016).

Are you saying that if his application for settlement is turned down we risk him being refused visit visas in the future? If the visa is refused we will remain living outside the UK. We would not immigrate illegally. This is unthinkable. I'm very worried.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Apply for a visit visa whilst awaiting spouse visa?

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Please don't hijack threads with questions that are not related to the matter under discussion.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 pm

I believe jlolololo's post is related to the matter at hand - the effect of a refusal of a settlement visa on the ability of a spouse to visit the UK in the future