ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and travelling outside the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fpvt2

HSMP and travelling outside the UK

Post by fpvt2 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:02 pm

1. For someone who is on HSMP visa, is there any maximum time that he/she can travel outside the UK ? If she/he go outside of the UK longer than the maximum time, will he/she loose the HSMP ?
2. If you loose your HSMP visa, can you re-apply in the future ?

Thank you very much.

Legal Centre
Newly Registered

Post by Legal Centre » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:44 pm

Hello,

Unfortunatley, yes. That only refers to holiday and non-business travels. Maximum period of time according to JCWI and IDI is 180 days in 5 years. That is in conflict with, say, naturalization requirement.

I refer to the JCWI 6th edition. They say that already a few candidates were refused ILR.

If you lose your HSMP, you can certainly re-apply.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:48 pm

Legal Centre wrote: Maximum period of time according to JCWI and IDI is 180 days in 5 years. That is in conflict with, say, naturalization requirement.
There is no particular reason why they should be the same.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:58 am

What are JCWI and IDI ?
Does this apply for HSMP extension also ? (I mean, if you spend a long time outside the UK you will not get the extension) ?
Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:31 am

fpvt2 wrote:What are JCWI and IDI ?
JCWI : Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants.
http://www.jcwi.org.uk

IDI : (Home Office) Immigration Directorate's Instructions
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... ions/idis/

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:03 am

Thanks.
I understand that with HSMP visa, one initially will get 2 year visa, then after than one can extend the HSMP visa for another 3 years.
For the first 2 years on HSMP visa, to be able to extend the HSMP visa, what is the maximum time that one can spend outside the UK ?

So, one can re-apply for HSMP in the future again, even though the first time he/she looses the HSMP because they spend too much time outside the UK ? (I mean they will not black list you from re-applying again ?)

Thanks

gopijags
Newly Registered

ILR and absencs from the UK

Post by gopijags » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 am

Hi Legal Centre

I am in the UK for the last 4 years. I should get my ILR in 14 months time in December 2007.

However there is a requirement by my Multinational Consulting Company to be in the USA for a continuous period of 6 months in 2007.

I will be paid in the UK and I will be paying Taxes in the UK. Will that still affect the ILR.

Please advice urgently.

Regards

Jags