ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BATS

Fiance Visa Query

Post by BATS » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:21 pm

Hi

I'm hoping someone can supress my worries in the following matter:

My boyfriend is Albanian and he came to the UK 18 months ago illegally. I encouraged him to go to the Albanian Embassy in London. He went and told them he didn't have a passport and they told him to get his ID documents sent over from Albania and then they could issue him with the appropriate paperwork to go home.

He has now been home for 3 weeks and I am worried it will affect him obtaining a fiance visa in 2008 when we are planning to get married in the UK.

I am keeping documented evidence as to phone calls (I call him every day) letters sent, airplane tickets showing me visiting him and I also have photos and invitations etc from his time in England.

By the time he applies for his visa I will be a home owner and earning over £22k and I will have a letter from a British company who say they have work for him if his visa is successful.

Will the fact he has spent time in the UK illegally affect his chances of obtaining a visa? Also how far in an advance can he apply for the visa as I don't want to make wedding plans for if his visa is rejected?

I am considering going to an immigration lawyer and getting a letter from them to back up his application.

Sorry this post is so long but any advice would be greatly received.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:59 pm