ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport validity for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BACK_TO_GB

Passport validity for ILR

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi,

am due to apply for my ILR this August having spent 5 years on Tier1...

How long does my passport need to be valid for ? for the purpose of the ILR application...

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 pm

AFAIK, there is no requirement for a "valid" passport to be submitted with a settlement application. You can submit your "current" passport with your application even if it is no longer "valid".
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 pm

thank you - that is great

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:AFAIK, there is no requirement for a "valid" passport to be submitted with a settlement application. You can submit your "current" passport with your application even if it is no longer "valid".
Thanks for this info Sushdmehta, I did not know that they accepted out dated passport, I was having a similar discussion with someone, just a few days ago and I told that person that he cannot submit an out of date passport, thanks again.
All for one, one for all..... Peace