ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

experience letter from my employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anand
Newly Registered

Post by Anand » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to get experience letter from my employer for applying hsmp. But I can't reveal that I need it for hsmp - so I told I need it for higher studies in UK. hence had put "Whomsoever It May Concern" under "To". But My manger asked me to put the Univiristy address on the top of experience letter, under "To," But then I said I need generic letter as I haven't determined which university to apply for - but then he said prepare multiple copies addressing each of the unvirsity where u want to apply I will sign them all.

So Now If I address the experience letter to a particular University in UK - can it be sent to HSMP - Will they accept it or they need it either addressed directly to hsmp or as "Whomsoever It May Concern"

Your reply in this regard would really help me. Please let me know how I should proceed now.

Thanks & regards,
-Anand.[color=green][/color]

Robinson
Newly Registered

Post by Robinson » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Anand, they are very strict and want to see what they expect else they will reject.

Anand
Newly Registered

Post by Anand » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:32 pm

Hi Robinson/All,

I agree, So How do I convince my manager to sign letter addressed to "Whomsoever It May Concern" ?

And also clarify does HSMP need letter addressed to them directly or "Whomsoever It May Concern" is accepted ?

Please let me know ASAP - as My manger is going to San Francisco day after tomorrow for 2-3 months - I have left only one day to convince him and get signed ....!!

and also let me know if I Can get the letter signed from HR or will it not be accepted ?

Thanks
-Anand

moodz
Newly Registered

Post by moodz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:20 pm

I have personally called the HO and asked them the exact question, the answer was that the address would not matter.

Anand
Newly Registered

Post by Anand » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Hi Moodz,

Thanks for reply. and personally calling HO.

So for intsatnce I address the letter to some "XYZ" Univeristy ( say Manchester University Head ) - will same letter be accepted by HSMP. Please confirm. Your PRECISE reply would help me

please C-O-N-F-I-R-M.

Thanks,
-Anand

moodz
Newly Registered

Post by moodz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:39 am

Anand,
What I did is that I googled the name of someone in the registrars office of some university, and basically address the letter to him/her.

On a seperate note, I learned to verify everything I am told on these forums, you will surprised on how much wrong information (and/or assumptions) are being thrown here at newbies everyday.

Good luck with ur application,
Do keep us updated!