ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - HO is confusing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dmytro
Newly Registered

ILR - HO is confusing

Post by dmytro » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Dear All,
As promised I am keeping you up to date with my application. I went to the Home Office today having previously made an appointment. When it was my turn, the first thing that case worker did was look at my passport and then she was checking something on her computer. She then wrote some dates on a piece of paper, which I gather were my visa extention dates.
She then moved on to police registration certificate and immediately told me that she cant continue with my case becase my last visa extention is not registered with the police. She did not look at other documents that I brought and made me another appointement for next monday at 14.30. She said next time it will be quicker because she already put some information on the computer for me. I am happy that I wont have to pay 500 pounds again.
But I am a bit upset that she didnt really look at other evidence, because what if next time they find something else is missing - I dont really want to go the HO every week with missing documents.
I also dont have all my previous passports, so the only proof I have is my subject access request and school/uni letters and recepits. When I asked her how it is looking she said that she cant say anything at this stage - i need to prove my residence and I seem to have a lot of papers. She also said I must prove that my absences during 10 year period didnt exceed 18 months, which is a problem, since with all my school holidays they obviously did. Do you think she would have denied me ILR if there were problems? Should I consider it a good sign that I have another appointment?

Jamadar
Newly Registered

Post by Jamadar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 pm

hi

i think you should consider it a good sign. take it as u go, if youve got everything there shouldnt be a prob.

Whats a police registration check?? My husband will be applying for a ILR soon and i dnt knw wat documents i need :?