ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

salary income question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mah

salary income question

Post by mah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi mates,
As you know I am HSMP 2 years + Tier1 3 years. I should extend my visa in 2013 for 3 months (as I came 3 months after my visa) and then apply for ILR.

Unfortunately I have faced a problem. This is the story.
I was given annual bonus in March along with my salary. (which is stated in my payslip)
A few weeks ago company found that they have made a mistake and overpayed me regarding my bonus.
Now in my June payslips they are deducting the overpaid amount from my gross salary. So this will be shown in the payslip. It seems I will receive my salary as usual in June and I need to pay them back by cheque the net amount I have received.

The question is when I apply and submit my payslips does this make a problem. What should I do?

Regards,

Mah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:00 am

It can be, if the net salary figure on the payslip will be different from the money deposited in your bank account.

Why can't they deduct the money from your June salary and pay you only the difference?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks Sushdmehta,

I don't know. I will ask them to do so. However the difference would be about £25.00 that they need to pay me in this case.

Does it make any confusion when applying and case officer start questioning?

Regards,

Mahbod

mah

Post by mah » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi again Sushdmehta
Unfortunately the company can not change the payslip now and the adjustment will be shown in payslips but the money will not be deducted and I need to transfer the overpayment to them separately.

If I want to apply for extention in March 2013 does this make a problem. Can I show the 12 month from April 2012 to March 2013 excluding June 2012? I mean for the 12 consecuative months do not show one month in the middle , and therefore having 11 months in total. April/May/July/August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/March
Thanks
Mah

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm

mah wrote:Hi again Sushdmehta
Unfortunately the company can not change the payslip now and the adjustment will be shown in payslips but the money will not be deducted and I need to transfer the overpayment to them separately.

If I want to apply for extention in March 2013 does this make a problem. Can I show the 12 month from April 2012 to March 2013 excluding June 2012? I mean for the 12 consecuative months do not show one month in the middle , and therefore having 11 months in total. April/May/July/August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/March
Thanks
Mah
If you show 11 months salary slips and still qualify , its fine and wont be a problem at all.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 am

mah wrote:If I want to apply for extention in March 2013 does this make a problem. Can I show the 12 month from April 2012 to March 2013 excluding June 2012? I mean for the 12 consecuative months do not show one month in the middle , and therefore having 11 months in total. April/May/July/August/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/March
This will be fine.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks adityak77 and cs95tdg.

But can the CW ask why I have not submitted one month in the middle?

And for the documents. Should I not show the slips and bank statement for that partciular month?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 pm

mah wrote: 1) can the CW ask why I have not submitted one month in the middle?

2) And for the documents. Should I not show the slips and bank statement for that partciular month?
1) A CW may ask you anything they wish for clarity, but you can explain. The fact that you are only using 11 months pay is not against the rules.

The rule here is that "you can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application". This does not mean you must claim earnings for a total of 12 months. You can use anything ranging between 1 & 12 months of pay as evidence for previous earnings, so long as they are within a single 12 consecutive month period (& from the 15 months immediately prior to your application). Based on what you have mentioned in your case the 12 consecutive month period will be April 2012 to March 2013 & this will be within the 15 months prior to your application.

2) Only show evidence for the months you are claiming points for. You can use a cover letter to clearly indicate your 12 consecutive month period and the months you are claiming points for & the evidence you will be providing.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks cs95tdg