ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal mail reliability and timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amupset
Newly Registered

Royal mail reliability and timelines

Post by amupset » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:58 am

Hi,
I have been refused HSMP even though I have submitted employment letter in the format required clearly documenting job responsibilities and stating over 5 years of graduate level experience. The reason given for refusal over phone is that no such letter has been submitted - though I have indeed submitted the original 3 page letter from my ex-employer on letter head duly signed.

I now plan to apply for a review.

My problem and concern is that my original documents have not yet reached me even though it is 25 days from the time the case was refused (I got the dates, status and reasons over phone after the usual struggle to get through)

HSMP website says all mail outside UK will be through airmail.

Has anybody received their original documents back through Royal mail and what was the observed timeline? I'm from India.

I'm really concerned as not only have they refused my application inspite of sending the right documents exactly as they need it but also because neither the HSMP team nor Royal Mail is unable to tell me where my original documents are and when I can expect to receive them.

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:08 am

I am from Pakistan and I got documents in 1 week and I have seen people of India who also got docs within 1 week.
you should check from HSMP team.
plz remember u have to apply for review within 28 days from date of refusal

amupset
Newly Registered

Post by amupset » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:14 am

Thanks root for your response... I did try to tell HSMP folks on email and on phone that my documents seem long overdue but the static response I get is that it can take over 12 weeks. Is there any other way or anything else I can do....

Regarding review, I'm going ahead based on the reason mentioned to me on phone given the 28 days deadline- hope they have given me accurate information....

efrew
Newly Registered

Post by efrew » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:55 pm

I've got a feeling Royal Mail is a bit inconsistent. I'm still waiting for my approval letter 3 weeks after they said they sent it out. My rejection letter came within 1 week, but am not getting worried that it's got lost in the system.

I've already booked tickets to go to the UK in a month's time, so am very very worried that i won't be able to get the visa in time. Does anyone know if we can speed up EC? I'm from Australia.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:19 pm

root wrote:I am from Pakistan and I got documents in 1 week and I have seen people of India who also got docs within 1 week.
you should check from HSMP team.
plz remember u have to apply for review within 28 days from date of refusal
I am a bit confused abt getting the Documents back. I am from India and applying on Tuesday. I went to DHL and Fedex and told them that I want to send my HSMP App. to UK and after some time, when I receive letter/ email from HSMP team, all documents shud be deliverd back to my address frm UK. For the same, I am ready to pay the chanrges. But they told me that this cannot be done and only UK people can book and send the documents frm there to India...

Can any one pls suggest me what I need to do? Actually if I do not arange any Courier to get the docs back, how the HSMP team sends the documents to applicant? What is the exact procedure? Will they send docs to some friend's address who is already in the UK. Or he/she can collect it frm HSMP Team directly... Pls guide me :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:13 pm

Actually if I do not arange any Courier to get the docs back, how the HSMP team sends the documents to applicant?
HSMP will send the documents back through regular "airmail". That means it will a standard international postal service (just like you regular post in India). They will post the documents to the address you mention under "current address" in the form.
Will they send docs to some friend's address who is already in the UK.
This has been asked on the forum a couple of times, but no one seems to know for sure. As per the information available in the guidance notes, it is clearly mentioned that HSMP will post all documents to the address mentioned in "current address". Can one mention a UK address even when he/she is applying from out-country and might not even be present in UK at all is a BIG question for many of the applicants, but no one seems to knwo the answer for sure.
Or he/she can collect it frm HSMP Team directly
Technically possible because HSMP guidance notes itself says that HSMP team will not sign on any document when the courier comes to pickup the documents. So, anyone can pose as a courier guy and pick up the documents on your behalf ... as long no one asks for a proof of identity :wink: .

Read this - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5821 and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10290

regards

amupset
Newly Registered

efrew Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:25 pm Post subject:

Post by amupset » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:14 pm

Efrew: do you know about anyone else's experience in Australia with respect to Royal mail timelines?