ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Approval Regarding

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MagicMovies
India

Visa Approval Regarding

Post by MagicMovies » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello,

I applied for my Tier 1 Extension and got my documents back along with a letter from UKBA.

It stated "Thank you for your application which has now been approved". Your BRP will be sent to you under separate cover. If you have not already received it, you will receive it shortly.

Now, the third page of this document also states this -

Tier 1 General Migrants
THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF LEAVE.

Question:
From the sentence on page 1, I am fairly confident that my visa has now been approved. Why is it stated or what does it mean by what is stated in the third page? Does this mean that until I get my BRP my grant of leave is not confirmed?

Finally, is my grant of leave confirmed? Yes or No.

Thanks in advance!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

it means that your letter is not proof of your leave to remain in the UK, your BRP is.

MagicMovies
India

Post by MagicMovies » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks!

But this letter does mean that the visa has been approved. Right?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

MagicMovies wrote: "Thank you for your application which has now been approved".
The above statement clearly says it has been approved.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm

I have never heard of a person receiving this letter by mistake but for tier 2 migrants, they say that they can work 'at risk' for their new employer once they have their letter and before they have their BRP.

But basically, yes.

MagicMovies
India

Post by MagicMovies » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks all!

I will wait for my BRP to be absolutely sure.

But, thanks anyways.