ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some points of SOI that people should understand

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orionsbelt
Newly Registered

Some points of SOI that people should understand

Post by orionsbelt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Reading the statement of intent I note the following detail.
Para 105

The probationary period before spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners and same-sex partners can apply for settlement on the family route will be extended from two years to a minimum of five years, as a proportionate means of testing the genuineness of the relationship on the basis of which settlement in the UK is sought. The five year family route will involve two periods of leave of 30 months (in entry clearance cases, an initial period of 33 months will be granted to allow time for the applicant to make the necessary arrangements to travel to the UK), plus a third application for indefinite leave to remain.

Ie 3 applications fo 33 months and 30 months and final application !!!!!!!!
114 Life in UK

From October 2013, all applicants for settlement will be required to demonstrate a knowledge of language and life in the UK by passing the Life in the UK test and by presenting a speaking and listening qualification at intermediate level (Common European Framework of Reference level B1) or above. This language requirement, together with a knowledge of the values that underlie British society, will help ensure that those who settle here are able to participate in British life and are better able to gain employment.

Note that the ESOL with citizanship route is no longer acceptable.
Now given that approx 70% of all current applicants use the ESOL route this is going to force all applicant to take the life in UK test.
Re the test it is being made more difficult by including questions from Chapetr 7 and I bet thay put up the price from the current £50.
Additionally you have to do the ESOL english at B1 (enrty level 3 ) speaking and listning.
Now you will have 5 years to do all this not 2 as now. but I suggest you will all have to work very hard to pass the exams!

I suggest that you all read that SOI very carefully and note the changes this is the bigest change of the past 2 years and will have a massive effect on peoples future plans.

Rdgs