ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Jobs in The Netherlands or other EU countries

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkeuning
Newly Registered

English Jobs in The Netherlands or other EU countries

Post by jkeuning » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:03 am

Hi all,

I have dual citizenship: Canadian and Dutch. I was born in Canada and I am looking to move to The Netherlands or another EU country for new job opportunites. As an EU citizen this should not be an issue. I am a native English speaker and I can speak a little French and Dutch, but I am not fluent in French or Dutch. I am currently living in Canada.

Does anyone know of any good job sites in Europe that may be looking for Native English speakers in something other than teaching English? Or know of any jobs that are in demand that require English? Any info would be helpful. I do have a 3 year College Diploma in Human Resources from here in Canada, but I don't think that would do much good in Europe.

Thanks for your assistance.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:46 am

Based on what you have written, and if I were in your position, I would move to the UK/Ireland. Whereas it is possible to work in some EU countries using only English, they are mainly in technical jobs and in mid- to higher-level management within larger multinationals. I have a friend, for instance, who works at Sony Ericsson in Sweden whose daily working routine is conducted 100% in English. If you're just starting out and don't have a technical background, maybe an English-speaking country is right for you. Then again, if you have any connections in multinational companies, try to work them! Or alternatively, check out the various "monster" job sites in each EU country.

As a side note, people always say that you don't need the local language to live in highly English-exposed countries such as the Netherlands, Germany and the Nordics. Although this might be true for short-term visitors, a longer-term resident's experience is drastically impoverished. And sadly too are your potential career choices...

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:10 pm

for english jobs in The Netherlands look at

www.undutchables.nl.

Hope this helps.