ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for non-EEA dependent parent

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astra_zeneca888

Schengen visa for non-EEA dependent parent

Post by astra_zeneca888 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi

I hope this is the right place to post a question regarding Schengen visa for a non-EEA dependent parent who has travelled to the UK on EEA family permit.

I have come across the following statement on the French embassy website:

"You must be resident in the UK - i.e holders of ’C-Visit’ visas or of a British visa valid for 6 months or less cannot apply"

I was wondering if my mother can apply for a Schengen visa here in the UK since she is now holding a valid EEA Family Permit, valid until end of November and has joined her EEA family member here in the UK and is currently present in the UK, or does the above statement also apply to holders of EEA FP?

We have already booked an appointment to submit an application for Schengen visa but I am not sure if they will accept her application....

Has anyone come across this situation before?

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen visa for non-EEA dependent parent

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:56 am

astra_zeneca888 wrote: "You must be resident in the UK - i.e holders of ’C-Visit’ visas or of a British visa valid for 6 months or less cannot apply"
Firstly, note that the family permit is not a C-Visit visa.
The applicant should be issued a Category D Vignette with one of the following endorsements:

D: 'EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER: [TO ACC 'Name of EEA national']
or
D: 'EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER: [TO JOIN 'Name of EEA national']
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /eun/eun2/

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 am

You must be resident in the UK
Secondly, if your mother is living with you in the UK, she is resident in the UK.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen visa for non-EEA dependent parent

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 am

astra_zeneca888 wrote: We have already booked an appointment to submit an application for Schengen visa but I am not sure if they will accept her application....
While I cannot guarantee that they won't accept her application, they should. She is the family member of an EU citizen living in the UK.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 am

I presume you know that if you mother applies for a residence card, she will be able to travel with you Visa-Free (ie without a visa) if she travels with you.

astra_zeneca888

Post by astra_zeneca888 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am aware that if she applies for a residence card then she can travel visa free if accompanied by her EEA family member. We will apply for a RC at some point but it usually takes around 3 to 4 months if not longer to obtain one. So, at the moment, the only solution is to apply for a Schengen visa if we want her to travel with us within the Schengen area.

I am hoping that the consulate will accept her application, she should not have any trouble in obtaining a visa since she had already been issued with a Schengen visa in the past, I hope.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 am

astra_zeneca888 wrote:I am hoping that the consulate will accept her application, she should not have any trouble in obtaining a visa since she had already been issued with a Schengen visa in the past, I hope.
They should, post back your experience please.

astra_zeneca888

Post by astra_zeneca888 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi

This is to confirm that we have successfully submitted an application at the Greek embassy and due to collect the passport next week.

At first, the lady at the counter was totally ignorant about the EEA FP and what this is about! she asked me to provide evidence that my mother is actually dependent on me. Well, isn't an EEA FP enough evidence?? Well, I guess this IS the best evidence ever! I had to explain in details about what an EEA FP stands for before she finally decided to consult a colleague in the office adjacent and look it up in her system!

I had to tell her the whole biography about what and when happened....So she finally has accepted our application after a long debate...Well, if she had received a proper training about relevant EEA documentation, we wouldn't waste time to establish what an EEA FP is for! shame on them!

Also, I was nicely surprised that a Schengen visa for a dependent family member is issued free of charge.

This was my experience. Still waiting to collect passport next week.

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 pm

astra_zeneca888 wrote:Hi

This is to confirm that we have successfully submitted an application at the Greek embassy and due to collect the passport next week.
This is great. Good for you.