ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New User ILR issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

subramaniyam2006
Newly Registered

New User ILR issue

Post by subramaniyam2006 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:52 am

Hello,

I am a first timer with this site and my concern is :

I would be considering ILR in 11 months time under 10 year stay category (on student visa). Only thing bothering me is that I have worked part time but recently been working more than 20 hours a week. When I apply for ILR, then how will this issue of working more than 20 hours be raised.

Please reply.

A Subra

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41 pm

Dont raise the issue then it will not become an issue..................

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:17 pm

You are allowed to work more than 20 hours per week outside term-time. Is that when you exceeded the 20 hours per week limit?
John

subramaniyam2006
Newly Registered

ILR contd....

Post by subramaniyam2006 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:12 pm

Hello John,

I did work during the term time as well.... So iam like worried if my ILR on 10 year basis will be of concern...

Also, unrelated to above query, i have managed to get a job as trainee stockbroker (equity sales). Will it qualify for work permit... The salary is low 12k but has good prsopects after a year. It was advertised and I was the only one selected for the role as I had sales and finance knowledge as needed for the role. I have an MBA in finance.

I could have applied for HSMP but was worried as my experience after MBA in UK has part/time work and full time work (during term times)...Should I go for it??

Regards,

A Subramaniyam

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Trainee stockbroker? WP? I would very much doubt it!

Are you still studying? If so do not breach the 20 hours work per week limit during term-time.

HSMP? How many points do you think you get?
John

subramaniyam2006
Newly Registered

ILR contd..

Post by subramaniyam2006 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:36 am

I can fetch 65 points but the concern is that some of the work experience I have gained was working full time during term time. SO ....I dont know ..where I stand...

Also, with this trainee stock broker position that I have been offered, can I ask my employer to take me on the job under TWES scheme. If I get selected then will this TWES time be part of my stay in UK when applying for ILR on 10 year basis.