ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spousal visa but no steady job! - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Applying for spousal visa but no steady job! - Pakistan

Post by Billi2012 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi guys

Its my first time on this board...I really need some help and advice from you guys as ive been so stressed out!

I just got married in April in Pakistan and have applied for my husbandS visa to come and settle with me in the UK.
I am a british citizen and have lived here all my life.

I have a degree and hold several other qualifications...before i got married I was in a fulltime job at a school as a TA but had to leave so i could go and get married in Pakistan.
I have also been registered with several teaching agencies who I used to recieve regular work from. Before I went to pakistan the agencies said they would have work for me when i return and that as soon as i return i can register with them. Also the school I worked at said as soon as any vacancy comes up they will let me know as they would really like me to work there.

Now when i applied for my hubands visa I had to put unemployed but I explained my situation in a sponsor letter and that I was sure that I wouldnt be without a job for too long.

I included about 4months wage slips and 6months bank statements with wage coming in. Other documents we also included were:

-Accomodation proof - my parents house and a letter from my parents who said they will let us live rent free until we find a house ( included land registry and council inspection report to say there was enough room)
-Husbands English Test certificate
-Marriage certificate
-18 Wedding photos and a photo of us after our wedding.
-Husbands TB test certificate
-2- a copy of VAF4A Application form

Now im worried that the fact that I dont have a job will cause problems and that the visa wont be accepted!
I have now returned to the uk and registered with two agencies as i stated in the letter and I have recieved my first appointment at a school for the day next week. I have been advised to try and get letters from these agencies to state i have registered with them and that they will provide me with daily work and send these with the application. Do you think this will make any difference and will it help? I know the work isnt steady but the agencies do provide regular work so the pay isnt that bad.

Also is it possible to send evidence such as these letters after the application has been submitted through email?

Im really worried that the visa will be rejected and im missing my husband so much :( Just want him to come so we can continue with our new beautiful life that we have started together :(

Please can someone help us ?:(

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:24 am

just tel your husband to take english test and apply any how b4 9 of july no matter what document you have but not false even if ur husband get refused u have right to apple and your case wil fall under current rule not the new rules which going to start on 9 july with mim income of 18000 pound whic will be more difficult for you just show ur bank statement of 8000

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks for ur reply s.uk. As mentioned in my previous post, my husband has already taken the english test and got his certificate....
Im worried about not having s job when i applied because i had to leave my previous job to get married!

Just to make it clear, As iv already applied will the current rules still apply to us....? Im sooo anxious and worried and hope it dosnt get refused|!

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Sammad

Thanks for your reply. No i didnt put in a job offer because the school said they would let me know as soon as a vacancy comes up and the agencies were waiting for my return.

Oh please dont say his visa wont be issued, we;ll be devastated. I only submitted one photo because we submitted the application not long after our marriage and i was still living with him at the time. And i wasnt really sure how important it was until now! We do have some other pics together and we will go on our honeymoon hopefully once we are together again!

What evidence can we put in for regular contact? We speak on the phone but use calling cards and dont know how we could include them as evidence. We chat via facebook more often and skype...how can these be put as evidence....and do we have to reveal the content of the messages?

Oh how i wish i had a proper job right now!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Billi2012 wrote:Hi Sammad

Thanks for your reply. No i didnt put in a job offer because the school said they would let me know as soon as a vacancy comes up and the agencies were waiting for my return.

Oh please dont say his visa wont be issued, we;ll be devastated. I only submitted one photo because we submitted the application not long after our marriage and i was still living with him at the time. And i wasnt really sure how important it was until now! We do have some other pics together and we will go on our honeymoon hopefully once we are together again!

What evidence can we put in for regular contact? We speak on the phone but use calling cards and dont know how we could include them as evidence. We chat via facebook more often and skype...how can these be put as evidence....and do we have to reveal the content of the messages?

Oh how i wish i had a proper job right now!
I think you need to prepare yourself the high possibility that your application will be refused in particular because you did not have a job or offer of employment when you made the application. if you are now working I would suggest you attempt to contact the embassy to ask if you can submit evidence of this before a decision is made as well as other evidence of the two of you being in contact. Although they are unlikely to accept new evidence you can at least show you have attempted to provide this. If you have managed to secure steady employment before the application is decided then in the event of a refusal you can rely on this evidence to show you meet the rules in an appeal.

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Just wanted to ask do you think its good enough to provide letters from the two agencies that Im registered stating that they are providing me with daily supply work?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Billi2012 wrote:Just wanted to ask do you think its good enough to provide letters from the two agencies that Im registered stating that they are providing me with daily supply work?
it's better than nothing at all but it depends on how regular the work is and how well it pays (and what your housing costs are).

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Greenie - How can i contact regarding my application do I just contact the office where we submitted the application? Or can we email them?

Sammad: We do have regular contact, mostly on facebook and also we call each other. I dont have reciepts for the calling cards but the shopkeeper is willing to provide a letter to confirm that I have been buying of him.
I have enquired about several jobs and there is a takeaway that I think is willing to offer my husband work when he comes! yay! They just want to talk to him and me before they make the offer. Anyhow Do I just need to get a confirmation letter from them to say he can start immediately when he arrives and how many hours they can offer him and his pay rate? It will be national minimum wage, do you think thats enough?

Also I had applied at a local shop in desperation and they are willing to offer me an evening and weekend job. So im happy as long as it helps to make my husbands case stronger! Do you think along with this till operator at national minimum wage plus the daily agency work (me) as well as the offer that my husband has got when he returns.....we will stand a chance in obtaining a visa?

All me and my husband can both talk about right now is how far apart we are and this visa that is seperating us!

If i can get the offers of employment letters - do you think its possible to submit before a a decision is made? If so how can I do this? And also in case we have to appeal (which i hope we dont) how does the procedure work? can someone please explain what we need to do and what happens?

Thank you! x

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 am

Not having a job and not having steady income and not showing you can have third party support until you find a job will mean you won't be granted a VISA. Instead now it seems you find yourself in an awful situation and you may need to hurry to find a job, even if it's a lower paying one, so that when it does go to appeal and it looks like it will, that you can fight your case that way. If you have a job earning 13/14k by the time you go to appeal, you present this to the judge, you will get your VISA, otherwise as stated above, it's unlikely you will get it with your current circumstances.

A question on a side note, if you are of dual nationality, why don't you go to reside with your husband in Pakistan?

You have been away from your husband for a few weeks at best, there are others on here, some unfortunate people who due to the age law changing in Nov '11 are away from the spouses for over 24 months.

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks king2be for your reply. I do feel for everyone who is seperate from their spouse ... im just trying to reunite with my own and seeking help on here thats all.

Like mentioned I have managed to find a job for my husband to come to and myself a steady weekend and evening job plus supply work during the day. Im hoping our income when calculated will be enough for the visa to be issued as we dont have much living costs as my father is providing the accomodation to us free of rent.

And I am British and therefore my home is here, i have spent my whole life here and dont think I can reside in Pakistan.

skhan1
Newly Registered

hellloooo

Post by skhan1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:37 pm

hi there has any one been waiting since march !!!!! for a answer !!!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: hellloooo

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:48 pm

skhan1 wrote:hi there has any one been waiting since march !!!!! for a answer !!!
what does this have to do with the orginal thread?

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Billi2012 belive me just apply wht ever doc u have before 9 july people will play around with you i hate people like these morron then your husband to apply even if got refused u can fight for it

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

s.uk wrote:Billi2012 believe me just apply whatever doc u have before 9 july people will play around with you i hate people like these moron then your husband to apply even if got refused u can fight for it
You can fight it, but there is no guarantee you will succeed on appeal. You may then have to reapply and pay the fee all over again and start the procedure afresh and will have to comply with new regulations

By the way Suk who are you calling a moron?,just because their advice differs from you does not make them morons.Please refrain from such language on this forum:roll:

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 am

batleykhan wrote:
s.uk wrote:Billi2012 believe me just apply whatever doc u have before 9 july people will play around with you i hate people like these moron then your husband to apply even if got refused u can fight for it
You can fight it, but there is no guarantee you will succeed on appeal. You may then have to reapply and pay the fee all over again and start the procedure afresh and will have to comply with new regulations

By the way Suk who are you calling a moron?,just because their advice differs from you does not make them morons.Please refrain from such language on this forum:roll:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband has been granted his visa! Thankyyou to all those whole advised and supported us. much appreciated x eeeeekkkk excited! :D

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

where and when did you apply?
applied at isl - 14/06/2012
processed at bhc - 27/06/2012
RFC- 26/11/12
ALLHAMDULILLAH VISA IS GRANTED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 6Wmc#gid=0

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:26 pm

som1984 wrote:where and when did you

apply?
applied in mirpur Pakistan in may. It got refused 3 weeks ago but we sent off an appeal its been rviewed and decision overturned without appeal process. yippeee :)

aisha21
- thin ice -

Post by aisha21 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Billi2012 wrote:

apply?
applied in mirpur Pakistan in may. It got refused 3 weeks ago but we sent off an appeal its been rviewed and decision overturned without appeal process. yippeee :)
Congratulations.... :) is it ok if you can share what they refused on... and what you appealed on... that will be very helpful thanks.

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

aisha21 wrote:
Billi2012 wrote:

apply?
Congratulations.... :) is it ok if you can share what they refused on... and what you appealed on... that will be very helpful thanks.[/quote

well if u read posts above i applied without written evidence of steady job on my return to UK. however i then secured a job on my return and sent the evidence to ukba before decision was made. However the visa was rejected due to their concern that i had no job and would not be able to maintain ourselves financially. - they had completely ignored the evidence i sent them. We then appealed with the full detailed communication corresponded with the ukba all dated and timed. it had full confitnation confirmation that the documents were sent and received by the ukba. All documents clearly showedhow we would be more than financially secure on my husbands arrival.

aisha21
- thin ice -

Post by aisha21 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank you... It's helpful to know how you managed it. Congratulations again, I can imagine how happy you must be feeling. Inshallah the rest of us waiting will be blessed with a positive outcome also.

Billi2012
Newly Registered

Post by Billi2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 am

InshaAllah i will pray for u all! Yes Im very happy, had already booked my visit to go and see him! May u all be reunited with ur other halves :) x

gali1982
Newly Registered

Post by gali1982 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to know the address as to where you posted out your evidence of your job.