ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I.L.R & Not working

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

patman1

I.L.R & Not working

Post by patman1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi
can you please advise if someone is applying for I.L.R and there partner is disabled and getting benefits due to there illness (income siupport and D.L.A)and they get enough to support them both and partners family send money each month around £120 pounds, and the partner is taking care of the other person as they have an illness and disabilitys, how will this be looked on when they apply for I.L.R, i mean they can show that after rent council tax and even food and bills are paid they still have over the £111.00 each week and that does not even include the money from family each month, i carnt see anything in the rules about having to work, i was told that they like you to work but again i cannot see this in the rules, but what about showing how you can support yourself etc?
any advice please
thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!