ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What country to apply for biometric appointment from

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LPearson
Newly Registered

What country to apply for biometric appointment from

Post by LPearson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:54 am

I will be applying for a dependant visa (from my husband's ancestry) visa to the UK. I am currently in the UK on a different visa. I know I have to go home to Australia to apply for the new dependant visa.

My question is about the biometrics appointment. I have been told that this takes one week to get. Can I apply for the biometrics appointment from the UK (and then go to Australia one week later for the appointment and to send off the visa application) or do I have to apply for this appointment when I am out of the country? Ideally I would like to apply for it from the UK - to save one week having to go back to Australia while just waiting around for the appointment.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 am

I don't think that you can submit your biometrics and subsequently your application in 2 different countries because your visa application in Australia will be processed by a case worker based in Manila.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

If you want to speed up the process, you can book your appointment online while you're in the UK (the time and date will usually be held for you for a week) and attend it as soon as you arrive in Australia.

Hope this helps!

LPearson
Newly Registered

Post by LPearson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to check - so you think I could book my biometrics appointment in the UK separately from everything else?

I thought that you filled in the visa application and once you had submitted this they gave you a biometrics appointment? And on this - you are saying I probably wouldn't be able to to this because I would be submitting from two different countries.

Any clarification would be much appreciated!

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 am

That's quite alright, happy to help! :)

You have to complete and submit a visa application form online, but you must do this at the Australian section, not the UK one. After you're done, you'll be given an option to book an appointment so you can choose a convenient time.

It doesn't matter if you're physically in another country though - I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question. If you take a look at the website I gave you and click on "Apply for a visa online" at the top right, you'll be heading in the right direction.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:22 am

LPearson wrote:Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to check - so you think I could book my biometrics appointment in the UK separately from everything else?

I thought that you filled in the visa application and once you had submitted this they gave you a biometrics appointment? And on this - you are saying I probably wouldn't be able to to this because I would be submitting from two different countries.

Any clarification would be much appreciated!
in order to apply for entry clearance you have to be outside the UK. If applying online the application is made when you submit the online form and pay the fee. Therefore if you are in the UK when you do this I am not sure whether the application will be considered valid. I don't know in practice what would happen in this scenario.