ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa extension: main applicant and than dependent.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

write2paras
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa extension: main applicant and than dependent.

Post by write2paras » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

Hell All,
my current visa is expiring in sept12 and I am going to apply for extension in June 12 by post. I have two dependent application to apply.

I am thinking to apply the dependent application later after my successful application. Doing this way I can save £378.
my question is that it is OK to apply first main application and than later dependent or is there any catch I didn't get?

can any one please confirm if it OK.
thank
Paras

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:24 am

There have been many applicants who have done something similar. The only problem with this type of scenario is that
1. If the main applicant visa approval has been delayed, then the main applicant will not be able to provide the new visa validity dates on the dependent's form
2. Also you would have to maintain an amount 900+600 as maintenance funds even when you apply for dependent's extension seperately

I would recommend doing a search on the forum and read applicants experience.

write2paras
Newly Registered

Post by write2paras » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 am

silent_warrior wrote:There have been many applicants who have done something similar. The only problem with this type of scenario is that
1. If the main applicant visa approval has been delayed, then the main applicant will not be able to provide the new visa validity dates on the dependent's form
2. Also you would have to maintain an amount 900+600 as maintenance funds even when you apply for dependent's extension seperately

I would recommend doing a search on the forum and read applicants experience.
Silent Warrior, Thanks for confirming
as you said I will look for others exp.
I don't have problem with the fund as I am maintaining money considering that I am applying together. but yes I also have doubt on delay though I am keeping clear 2.5 months.
I think I will just apply together to have peace of mind.
regards

layman

Post by layman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I had applied at PEO and then separately for my 3 dependants by post with the reference from my approval letter. Peace of mind + some money saved.