ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

academic progress and maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noorali26

academic progress and maintenance

Post by noorali26 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm

hello sir i wanted to know that i am coming in uk for english language course cefr b2 and my course duration is 12 months unfortunately i passed 3 modules city and guilds but i fail in speaking module . i have my college completion letter that i complete my 12 months course , i just wanted to know that is ukba consider me establish presence student or not is my English language course which is i passed 3 module is consider my academic progression and i able to qualify for reduce maintenance level for my next extension .
best regard noor

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Dear noorali26 Academic progression is a judgement for your new sponsor although guidance are available. Therefore depending on which course you are going to enrol, there is an additional english language requirement as well.

As a minimum it needs to be at B1 but could be B2 if your course is NQF 6 or above. Because you haven't passed your B2 you would need to retake your examination and apply for further extension on the same course and request your current sponsor to give you a new CAS letter.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:33 pm

You would qualify for reduced maintenance only if you have successfully completed a course or making a progress to your next semester or undertaking a new course

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Deepshithole2010 wrote:You would qualify for reduced maintenance only if you have successfully completed a course or making a progress to your next semester or undertaking a new course
there is no requirement to have successfully completed a course just that the course has been 'finished'

the requirement, as per Appendix C (para 14) is

14. An applicant will have an established presence studying in the UK if the applicant has current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, Student or as a Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist and at the date of application:

(i) has finished a single course that was at least six months long within the applicant's last period of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain, or

(ii) is applying for continued study on a single course where the applicant has completed at least six months of that course.

noorali26

Post by noorali26 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:59 pm

thanks for guiding I have appleid extension because i passed b1 exam esol and college gave me a new cas which is level 4 and they show me academic progression on my cas b2 three modules is it ok

noorali26

please help

Post by noorali26 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 pm

hello every one please help me i have already applied my visa extension i am coming in uk for english language course i have done my b1 but not completed b2 but completed passed three module then i admission in level 4 college write on my cas letter english assed by b1 and academic progress show that i have passed three module b2 .
i have done my boimatric fingerprints yesterday.
now my question is that in the mean time i have done b2 TOEFL can i send to ukba TOEFL result because i have done it or shall i wait my application decision.
and also can this case i show £1600 pound for the maintenance because i am in manchester i already pay full year of fee is it ok ? is i am established presence student or not ?
waiting good advice thanks
best regards
noor

Deviser

Re: please help

Post by Deviser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 pm

noorali26 wrote:hello every one please help me i have already applied my visa extension
noorali26 wrote:i have done my boimatric fingerprints yesterday.
I think its too late to ask these things now.

Plus level 4 course do not need B2 English so you should wait for the decision.