ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihull

Post by Monasheikh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Dear Forum Users,

I would like to share with your all my experience at Solihull PEO which I chose mainly after reading good reviews about it here.

After initial security checks we waited for over 1 hour to be called. The CW was a plesant lady who set about filling in her form under the category I was applying and checking things on PC. The whole process took about 20-25 minutes including payment. I was not given results till after payment.

My case was straightforward with HSMP/Tier 1 and applied with my dependent son born in UK. I did have 225 days out of UK and CW just looked at the absence sheet but said nothing. She asked for payslips/bank stat/passport/LIUK letter/previous HSMP/Tier 1 letters.

The wait for Biometrics was another good 30mins. And the lady taking biometrics wanted me to leave my son out of the cutained booth. She gave him really angry looks for trying to see what I was doing when my finger prints were captured. She did nothing much to ease him to take his picture! On the other hand I could hear the lady next doors chatting away to her client exlaining in much detail what the BRP card is like and even offered her to see the photo she captured to check if it was fine! No such luck for me to know what I would look like on my card.

On the whole the staff was just neutral in expression and actions. I did not find them friendly as many here have commented. Perhaps staff at other PEOs may be outright blunt or unfriendly- I have no way to know.

One question I have is on the handout letter given to me is the top most starting line that gives name, country and date of birth. My question is ; Is the country on this letter the country of birth or is it the present nationality? I thought it was country of birth, but now I am confused.

Any questions anyone please feel free to ask.

The greatest help to all this process was reading various posts on this forum and I think if someone is ready to do their own bit of reading and preparation then there is NOTHING like the free wealth of advice and infomration availabe on this forum.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

joh892

Post by joh892 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Congratulations Monasheikh for obtain ILR.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Can I ask you to post more details like:

Date of Entry Clearance:
Date first entered UK:
Current Leave Valid to:
Date of Application:
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Well to be honest with you UKBA staffs are almost the same in every other PEO flat and plain on their faces I think its some thing which is part of their training to be an UKBA employee in my 9 and a half years of experiences at Croydon I've never ever come any person really friendly or probably its just my own experience.

On the handout I think its the country of your birth that's all I can say.

Good luck for the future.

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Dear PUSH

Heres more details as you requested

Date of Entry Clearance: 03/07/2007
Date first entered UK: 09/07/2007
Current Leave Valid to: 03/07/2012
Date of Application:15/06/2012

Honestly I did not inculde these in my initial post as I did not think they would add anything to help anyone here.
Last edited by Monasheikh on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monasheikh
Newly Registered

Post by Monasheikh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Dear Smam,

Thank you.

I though it was country of birth too, Im confused because it my son's letter does not state UK since he was born here, it states India which is the nationality he currently holds being my dependent.

I guess it doesnt matter in anyway, however I did not want any problems when I get to apply for BC for him.

All the best to you too, as I understand from your other posts that you hope to apply at Solihull. Its not a bad experience.

Mona