ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier 2 (General) To Tier 1 Enterpreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dineshkumarvp
Newly Registered

Switching Tier 2 (General) To Tier 1 Enterpreneur

Post by dineshkumarvp » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi,
Currently, I am holding Tier 2(General) and I am not PSW. I wish to switch to Tier 1(Enterpreneur). My questions are below.

1. To get ILR Tier 2 (General) stay will not be considered in Tier 1 Enterpreneur? (Already, I spent two years in Tier 2 (General) visa ).
2. Do I need to register as Director for my company to work as self employed?
3.Does my depandant is eligible to work as permanant job?
4. If I fail to create two jobs, can I make fresh application?

Please Suggest...It's urgent

gidora666
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Tier 2 (General) To Tier 1 Enterpreneur

Post by gidora666 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 am

Hi,

I am planning to do the same thing. My question is as if it is possible at all. ( read more here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=106373 )

If it's possible then:
dineshkumarvp wrote:Hi,
Currently, I am holding Tier 2(General) and I am not PSW. I wish to switch to Tier 1(Enterpreneur). My questions are below.

1. To get ILR Tier 2 (General) stay will not be considered in Tier 1 Enterpreneur? (Already, I spent two years in Tier 2 (General) visa ).
2. Do I need to register as Director for my company to work as self employed?
3.Does my depandant is eligible to work as permanant job?
4. If I fail to create two jobs, can I make fresh application?

Please Suggest...It's urgent
As far as I know:
1. YES
2. YES (That's one option)
3. YES
4. You would need to have created at least 10 jobs or £5m in 3 years if you want to apply for ILR after 3 years. You need to have created 2 jobs when you applying for an extension. In your case, you don't need to because you will be resident in UK for 5 years when your Tier 1 visa expires. My one and only one personal concern is how settlement changes applied in April 2012 will impact on us when applying for ILR. One of these changes removes the automatic settlement when you are here for 5 years or more.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Gido