ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Application form - Correspondence Address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapp

Tier1 Dependent Application form - Correspondence Address

Post by hsmpapp » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK on Tier1 General visa that will expire in April,2013. We had a baby in march and got his Indian passport last week. Now we want to apply for his Tier1 dependent visa asap.

Our confusion is regarding correspondence address. We will move to new place in 3 weeks and are uncertain which address to mention for correspondence in application form. I am in process of job change and will join my new company in 2 weeks.

Can anyone suggest the best way going forward? Is it better to wait 3 weeks before applying or apply now and inform Home office of my address change in 3 weeks time? Its just that we might get too late if we apply after 3 weeks.

My wife , Tier1 dependent, is also working. Can i mention her office address for correspondence?

Thanks,
HsmpApp

layman

Post by layman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, you can mention any address in UK as correspondence address as long as the contact person(which should be your wife in this case) mentioned on the dependant application form will be available to sign for any receipt of documents sent to that address.

I had given my office address as correspondence address and reced my BRP card. Have done the same for my dependants application by post ie my office address as correspondence address

jatinuk

Post by jatinuk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi [layman]

My Scenario is some what similar to you

We are staying at London
I am applying for my wife as dependent visa at Cardiff PEO

Can I put my aunt's address (which is in cardiff) as the correspondence address as my wife will stay there for a week after the application

From your previous response seems there should be no issue

Can you please confirm

Thanks
Jatin

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm

giving office address of your wife as correspondence address is a nice advise.

another option would be to give address of your aunts/friend's address.

if you have no travel plans then you can wait and apply after 3 weeks.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

jatinuk wrote:Hi [layman]

can I put my aunt's address (which is in cardiff) as the correspondence address as my wife will stay there for a week after the application

Jatin
you can certainly do that but why are you not giving your local home address if you are not moving somewhere else.

jatinuk

Post by jatinuk » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:11 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:
jatinuk wrote:Hi [layman]

can I put my aunt's address (which is in cardiff) as the correspondence address as my wife will stay there for a week after the application

Jatin
you can certainly do that but why are you not giving your local home address if you are not moving somewhere else.
My wife has some plan to stay at my Aunt's house for a week
Let me see what can I do

Thanks a lot