ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chinese marriage cert stamped by chinese embassy in uk

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamster88

chinese marriage cert stamped by chinese embassy in uk

Post by hamster88 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi i am british and my wife is here on a chinese passport with spouse visa. My wife is applying for a visa to go to Italy but they require the marriage certificate and translation to be stamped by the Chinese embassy,
Does anyone have any experience of this ??

many thanks

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Not sure that the embassy will help you - but the best thing you could do is ask them.

http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/l ... 624438.htm

4. Can I apply for notarization from the Chinese Embassy for documents executed in China?
No.
Documents executed in China to be used in foreign countries must complete the following procedures:
1) Documents should be notarized by a Notary Public in China;
2) Documents should be authenticated by a provincial Office of Foreign Affairs Office or the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
3) Documents should be authenticated by an Embassy or Consulate General of the relevant country in China.