ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patman1

Entry Date

Post by patman1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi :)
I have just heard that if you got a P.C.P visa issued before the 9th July, but you dont enter the U.K before the 9th July the old rules right throught to I.L.R will not apply? just wonering, if this is true, and should my partner come before the 9th July as they were palnning of coming just after that date.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

patman, it would help if you didn't start a new thread for each question you have, and I am sure you have already asked this question. The date of entry is irrelevent. Your partner was granted a visa under the current rules and therefore when he enters the UK, he will be subject to those rules.

See changes to the immigration rules: who they affect

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

patman, it would help if you didn't start a new thread for each question you have, and I am sure you have already asked this question. The date of entry is irrelevent. Your partner was granted a visa under the current rules and therefore when he enters the UK, he will be subject to those rules.

See changes to the immigration rules: who they affect

patman1

Post by patman1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 pm

GURU, i hear you but i have NOT asked this question before because i have just NOW heard it on the B.B.C parliament channel where they were asking the Home office minister a series of questions on the new rules, if i had known the answer i would NOT have asked the question here, maybe you dont have all the answers i know but when a Home office minister says this it's very worrying and it seems as the policy has not been passed yet, i'm just hoping they dont tweek the rules up to much, Thanks Guru anyway.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 pm

here is one of the examples of when you have previously asked this question, and here is another.