ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing Dependent having less than 6 months psw visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Bringing Dependent having less than 6 months psw visa

Post by ska.omer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi,
I am now in PSW visa. I got my wife visa refused 2 months back because we did not produce any document for subsisting relationship. From then I have been maintaining phone call history and I am planning to apply again on the next month. But the problem is, when I will apply for her again, I will have exactly 5 months visa.

I would really appreciate, if some one can tell me if all other documents are alright, having less than 6 months visa could be a possible reason for rejecting my wife's application again?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggession.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Length of your visa should not be a problem. You can go ahead.

Can you explain after how long your wife applied the visa first time (after your wedding) ?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for your reply. I applied for her after 6 months of our wedding. I was not aware of the fact that it could be refused on this ground. From the time of refusal till now I am maintiaining phone log and also sent her some letters by post. I will provide this evidence this time.

I hope the short validity of my visa(5 months and half) would not affect the decision.

However, I will extend my visa on November under Tier2. Before, that I just want to sort out my wife's visa.

However, I never found anywhere that I have to have atleast 6 months visa to apply for my wife. I just heard it from one of my friends.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 pm

ska.omer wrote:I just heard it from one of my friends.
There is rumor about this. I heard this from few friends too. Its not true. You can get your dependent here , no matter how long you have visa.

Because you have had a gap between marriage and visa application, you need to provide evidence for relationship existence. Try to get some email conversations between you and your wife, they will add-up to your evidence.

All the best.