ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gaps in continuous stay for 10 year ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra2jeev
Newly Registered

Gaps in continuous stay for 10 year ILR

Post by ra2jeev » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 am

Hi All
I have few puzzling question which I need to get clear up my head before I’m going to apply for 10year ILR in next year.

I came to UK 26 October 2003. I had few extensions and one extension was due to expired on 31/08/2006. However I couldn’t submit in time application and overstayed nearly 4 months. This is simply due to fire at where I lived that time most of my documents were burnt. Actually did not have any idea of when my visa due to expire until my college informed me. Finally I have submitted a late application with my solicitor with the police reference and explanation letter and got my extension within few weeks time with no questions were asked.

After one and half year when I submitted my next application they have returned my application due to FLR form used was old version. They asked me to resend the application within 28days. I have resubmitted my application and after long 9 months I got my extension just for 3 months.
Since then my wife have joined me and we submitted another student visa application with dependent. Almost after 8 months they have refused my application due to my college has been closed down. By the time I had registered with different college and got visa back with an appeal. Then I have completed my bachelors and got my PSW due to expired on end of next year. Since then my son was born here in 2010.

I remember I have submitted one of my application same date as the visa due to expire. Of course which I have sent it through recorded delivery.

Never thought I would be able to stay this long in the UK. But now it got the point where I felt I have settled here with my family. Very much looking forward to permanently settling here. My great worries are above two incidents will haunt me in future. Can anyone with experience or knowledge please explain me legal complication and suggestion about my situation. Many thanks.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm

I would suggest that you seek the help of a solicitor before making an application to UKBA, your case sounds a bit complicated, but I am sure, with the experience of a reputable solicitor you should be fine, wait for the views of guru's, moderator etc, good luck.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Gaps in continuous stay for 10 year ILR

Post by quantum1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:35 pm

ra2jeev wrote:Hi All
I have few puzzling question which I need to get clear up my head before I’m going to apply for 10year ILR in next year.

I came to UK 26 October 2003. I had few extensions and one extension was due to expired on 31/08/2006. However I couldn’t submit in time application and overstayed nearly 4 months. This is simply due to fire at where I lived that time most of my documents were burnt. Actually did not have any idea of when my visa due to expire until my college informed me. Finally I have submitted a late application with my solicitor with the police reference and explanation letter and got my extension within few weeks time with no questions were asked.

After one and half year when I submitted my next application they have returned my application due to FLR form used was old version. They asked me to resend the application within 28days. I have resubmitted my application and after long 9 months I got my extension just for 3 months.
Since then my wife have joined me and we submitted another student visa application with dependent. Almost after 8 months they have refused my application due to my college has been closed down. By the time I had registered with different college and got visa back with an appeal. Then I have completed my bachelors and got my PSW due to expired on end of next year. Since then my son was born here in 2010.

I remember I have submitted one of my application same date as the visa due to expire. Of course which I have sent it through recorded delivery.

Never thought I would be able to stay this long in the UK. But now it got the point where I felt I have settled here with my family. Very much looking forward to permanently settling here. My great worries are above two incidents will haunt me in future. Can anyone with experience or knowledge please explain me legal complication and suggestion about my situation. Many thanks.
A SAR might be helpful to clarify the events and UKBA version of it.

ra2jeev
Newly Registered

Re: Gaps in continuous stay for 10 year ILR

Post by ra2jeev » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:54 pm

A SAR might be helpful to clarify the events and UKBA version of it.
yeah already sent a SAR request. i think at least it will take 1 or 2months to come I guess.. thanks for ur reply anyway.