ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated case of my non EEA partner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryanm56
Newly Registered

Complicated case of my non EEA partner

Post by ryanm56 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I have just acquired the British Citizenship as I was previously an EEA national from Belgium and my children are also EEA national.
My wife is a Non EEA national who came with me in UK with an EEA family visa in 2005 as I was exercising my treaty. However her passport expired and her Home Office permit expired in 2010. This delay was caused by the fact that I had to wait for my own biometric passport that I only received end of 2011
Can she apply for UK citizenship knowing that she cannot renew her passport and that she has evidence of residing with me and our children in UK for over 5 years.
She has All other documents such as UK driving license and HMRC tax along with child benefits.
Is she eligible for a UK citizenship as I am now British and my children are EEA nationals under 10 years of age and still dependent on us.
Thanks for any assistance

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 pm

hi Ryanm56,

That's very similar to my case, I was a non-EEA national, and the 5 year residence sticker in my passport had expired (thought the passport was still valid). In her case, she had PR since 2010, and since it's not compulsory to apply for PR (it's automatic), she's eligible to apply for citizenship since she has had PR for over a year.
-----
Alex