ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going through a separation with a FLR(M) visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

art74
Newly Registered

Going through a separation with a FLR(M) visa

Post by art74 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Hello,
My spouse & I are going through a separation we have two children both under 3 years old that were born in the UK & my spouse & I are legally married. I am a US citizen and I came to the UK on a spouse visa which i was granted in July 2009.
My 1st visa expired in October 2011 & I applied for an extension at that time because we were about to have our 2nd child & I didn't allow myself enough time to prepare for the life in the uk test to obtain a ILR visa.
Our relationship unfortunately has broken down after the birth of our 2nd child. I have been a stay at home parent to our two boys & now that my spouse & i are separating i would like to know what my rights are to remain in the UK to be near my children? We have been married for over 3 and a half years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

fathema
Newly Registered

Post by fathema » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:44 pm

This is tricky situation i am also interested to know what is the alternative .

and important changes after 9th of july that if your case under child best interest HO will put you through 10 years family route to ILR ( instead of 6 years DL ) .

Now need to confirm which rule you have to follow the current or previous

art74
Newly Registered

Post by art74 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

thank you.. I hope i get some more replies soon to this question.